Aldi store experience! help!!

Watch
averagestudent_1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I’ve been invited to the Aldi store experience, I’ve applied as a store assistant, and I would love to get the job, I’m also a student.

What happens in the store experience? What kind of thing do I wear?? As I’ve heard about it being practical too, as in kinda like a trial shift at some points???

If anyone knows any advice, or what happens in the experience, please comment it would really help. Xxxxx
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by averagestudent_1)
Hi! I’ve been invited to the Aldi store experience, I’ve applied as a store assistant, and I would love to get the job, I’m also a student.

What happens in the store experience? What kind of thing do I wear?? As I’ve heard about it being practical too, as in kinda like a trial shift at some points???

If anyone knows any advice, or what happens in the experience, please comment it would really help. Xxxxx
It's probably a combination of their showing you how things are done and what the job is about and your being asked to do things to show that you can do the job and will fit in. Walk around the store in advance and see what employees wear and dress similarly.
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
It's probably a combination of their showing you how things are done and what the job is about and your being asked to do things to show that you can do the job and will fit in. Walk around the store in advance and see what employees wear and dress similarly.
I worked in Wetherspoons and had a trial period, different type of job, but similar in the same way, anyways in my trial shift I basically shadowed an experienced member, I worked in the kitchen and he showed me how everything work, I was there for 3 hours and I was pretty much following him for the first hour and then I picked up what I was doing pretty easily. Although they showed me how to, it was way to soon to show me how to cook everything etc so I stayed at the potwash (Cleaning plates & knifes and fork), I also prepped the salad, I am quite a loud and confident person so I was speaking to staff as if I had been working there for years.

Also for clothing I am not 100% sure, but what I can tell you is wear black shoes and black jeans, that's the generic retail clothing and they should provide you with a polo shirt (Just bring something that you feel comfortable in though in case they don't). I would suggest you wear non branded or smarter black shoes to start and then slip into something more comfy like Nike's ahaha, wearing Nike air maxes straight away can set a bad impression. In the kitchen I started of wearing non branded anti slip shoes, after a few weeks I traded them for anti slip converse shoes, at the end of the day, if you do get the job, just do the best you can for the first month and then i'm sure you will fit in fine and feel alot more relaxed.
averagestudent_1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks guys I had my experience day today at, I think it went alright I just joe I get the job.

Thanku all for ya help I really appreciate it
Emtia94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, what happened at the experience day and did you end up getting the job? Thanks
Lowtzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, I had my experience day yesterday and was wondering how long it took them to contact you if they did etc? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
29.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.43%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads