Avoiding going through clearing

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Guys I don’t know what to do, I have one alevel at a B, I might be able to get onto a foundation year course but I’m just avoiding the whole uni thing Idk why
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys I don’t know what to do, I have one alevel at a B, I might be able to get onto a foundation year course but I’m just avoiding the whole uni thing Idk why
What do you mean you are avoiding it?

Maybe you are in shock or denial?

What is it you wish to do?
What were you studying?
What were you predicted?
Did you have an offer and if so for what?
What did you achieve?
If you underachieved then do you understand why?
Could you do better if you tried again?

Ignore what everyone else is doing and think about what is best for you.

The worst mistake you can make is jump onto a course out of desperation.
glow92
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don’t know what you want to do DON’T apply for the sake of it. Take some time, apply for some work in an area you’re interested in and see where that takes you. You can re-apply in a year or two once you know what you want to do or take a training route through work. (Example: my A Levels were shocking, I went to work for a local contractor and a few years later started a part-time quantity surveying degree fully sponsored by employer). Also worth noting that you don’t have to apply through UCAS to do it this way and don’t have to meet the points required.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
What do you mean you are avoiding it?

Maybe you are in shock or denial?

What is it you wish to do?
What were you studying?
What were you predicted?
Did you have an offer and if so for what?
What did you achieve?
If you underachieved then do you understand why?
Could you do better if you tried again?

Ignore what everyone else is doing and think about what is best for you.

The worst mistake you can make is jump onto a course out of desperation.
I’m not really in shock, I knew I would only get one grade, I don’t know, I’m honestly so confused why I am doing this, I know what I want to do but I’m literally just avoiding everything right now
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
I’m not really in shock, I knew I would only get one grade, I don’t know, I’m honestly so confused why I am doing this, I know what I want to do but I’m literally just avoiding everything right now
If you want advice then you need to give more information. I asked the relevant questions to ascertain what your situation is.
At some stage you are going to have to do something. It would be better if you understood your options and identified what you actually want and what was realistically the best move in your situation. You can get out of it, but it will take a bit longer.

Not sure what you mean by avoiding clearing? You dont want to o to a clearing uni or you want to bypass the clearing process?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you want advice then you need to give more information. I asked the relevant questions to ascertain what your situation is.
At some stage you are going to have to do something. It would be better if you understood your options and identified what you actually want and what was realistically the best move in your situation. You can get out of it, but it will take a bit longer.

Not sure what you mean by avoiding clearing? You dont want to o to a clearing uni or you want to bypass the clearing process?
No I mean I’m literally avoiding it by not applying anywhere or doing anything, just avoiding the fact clearing exists, I dk if that makes sense but idc I’m a mess
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
No I mean I’m literally avoiding it by not applying anywhere or doing anything, just avoiding the fact clearing exists, I dk if that makes sense but idc I’m a mess
With 1xB then I dont think clearing is the answer. Take a few days and chill then you might feel able to provide more information and think about what your options are. People have been in worse situations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (533)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (317)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed