The Student Room Group

A-Levels Subject Choices for Economics degree ?

Im planning to take 4 subjects but my college thinks that it is better to take 3 and EPQ. For now , I'm taking Economics & Maths. Im trying to avoid Further Maths , History and Literature. So I might go for Politics as a 3rd. Should I consider taking either Geography or Physics as my 4th ? Or should I just stick with 3 ?
Reply 1
Stick with 3. My biggest regret was taking 4- i got 3 Bs and a C in AS and 3 A*s for A2. Seriously, not worth it.
Original post by Rebeking
Stick with 3. My biggest regret was taking 4- i got 3 Bs and a C in AS and 3 A*s for A2. Seriously, not worth it.

Can I know what subjects u took during A-Levels ? By the way , my college uses Edexcel as an Exam board.
Do economics, maths and Politics/English/history
Original post by mattymoo432
Do economics, maths and Politics/English/history

Do you recommend doing EPQ too ?
Reply 5
Maths, economics and history is sufficient to get into any top university.
Reply 6
Your 3rd one won't matter, just pick one you enjoy.
Original post by JSM1
Maths, economics and history is sufficient to get into any top university.

Yea i knowww but trying to avoid History.
Maths is the key subject and taken with Politics and Economics would be fine. The only possible problem is LSE who like to see Further Maths as a fourth subject
Reply 9
Original post by itsalifiman11
Can I know what subjects u took during A-Levels ? By the way , my college uses Edexcel as an Exam board.

I did English language (doing that for degree), law and business. Not the hardest combo, i know, but with politics on top (dropped that as i got a C) It was just a lot of content and not enough time I think. Either that or I just don’t have the ability lol.
Original post by swanseajack1
Maths is the key subject and taken with Politics and Economics would be fine. The only possible problem is LSE who like to see Further Maths as a fourth subject

The problem in my college is that you have to drop Politics if you want to Further Maths and Econs together
The problem in my college is that you have to drop Politics if you want to Further Maths and Econs together

Stick with 3 ; maths economics geography

geography should be easy 3rd subject with A*. Wouldn’t recommend epq as hardly any unis consider it

unless you intend applying to LSE your subjects are fine. There are loads of other good universities who will accept you on your subjects. Politics, Economics and Maths is an excellent choice.

Quick Reply

Latest