The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick and retakes

Would Warwick university automatically reject someone who has retaken A-levels? or would I still be considered. (specifically the business school)
Hi, I reapplied to Warwick for economics after achieveing BCC (I also had firmed Warwick the first time I applied) - my offer was A*AA - predictions A*A*A* and I achieved AAA ... luckily still got confirmed a place. Although Economics isn’t within the business school, I would say Economics and the Business School would be roughly equally as competitive at least.
Honestly... I would say when reapplying don’t let anything stop you from applying where you want to go if you have the motivation to turn your grades around and give up that one year of your life...It’s well worth it.
If you’d like any more help feel free to ask 😊
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I worked on clearing a couple of weeks ago and I personally accepted plenty of people who had done retakes ( I don;t work in admissions, it was just a temp job) - some through clearing and some through adjustment.

Personally I would say, doing resits shows determination on your part
Reply 3
hi, do you mind me asking me whether this was recent ?
Reply 4
Original post by Armaan999
Hi, I reapplied to Warwick for economics after achieveing BCC (I also had firmed Warwick the first time I applied) - my offer was A*AA - predictions A*A*A* and I achieved AAA ... luckily still got confirmed a place. Although Economics isn’t within the business school, I would say Economics and the Business School would be roughly equally as competitive at least.
Honestly... I would say when reapplying don’t let anything stop you from applying where you want to go if you have the motivation to turn your grades around and give up that one year of your life...It’s well worth it.
If you’d like any more help feel free to ask 😊

hi how recent was this ?
Hi! Would you mind telling me what year this was and whether you had extenuating circumstances? I got AAA this year and am looking to reapply. @Armaan999

Quick Reply

Latest