Soo um, my GCSE certificates have my short name on it Watch

Eggyolk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last year I did my GCSE’s and got the certificates but on every certificate I had my short name instead of my long name. (E.g. like Dave instead of David). My name’s African and my full first name is quite long. I’m just wondering if that’s a problem or if I need to change the name on the certificates
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eggyolk)
Last year I did my GCSE’s and got the certificates but on every certificate I had my short name instead of my long name. (E.g. like Dave instead of David). My name’s African and my full first name is quite long. I’m just wondering if that’s a problem or if I need to change the name on the certificates
Ye you do ...
Eggyolk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kev lad)
Ye you do ...
Ah okay, do you reckon it’s possible?
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah okay, do you reckon it’s possible?
Yep just ring your school and they’ll ring exam boards and they’ll sort it out
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This should be connected to the name you used when you enrolled with your school. Your exams office have entered the name they have down for you to the exam board. I doubt many employers when requesting evidence of your qualifications will be too concerned about a mildly different name on a GCSE certificate, but it can be important to be consistent with names on official documents and certificates.
Eggyolk
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
This should be connected to the name you used when you enrolled with your school. Your exams office have entered the name they have down for you to the exam board. I doubt many employers when requesting evidence of your qualifications will be too concerned about a mildly different name on a GCSE certificate, but it can be important to be consistent with names on official documents and certificates.
Ahh okay, the thing is the name I was enrolled with in the school has been changed on the system
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ahh okay, the thing is the name I was enrolled with in the school has been changed on the system
By your request or their error?
Eggyolk
Rep:
?
By your request or their error?
My request
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My request
Then the exams office have followed the name you've chosen to be identified as when inputting you as a candidate to exam boards. If you continue to use different names later in life then this could prove complicated at some stage. If you wish to have your correct name given to you at birth on your GCSE certificates then there's probably a process that you have to go through and I'll be surprised if the school offer to pay that fee for you - so you may have to fund it yourself and have the school ratify that it is you. I'd also advise you to check what name they have entered you under for any further qualifications you may be taken like A Levels so that this doesn't happen again.
Eggyolk
Rep:
?
Then the exams office have followed the name you've chosen to be identified as when inputting you as a candidate to exam boards. If you continue to use different names later in life then this could prove complicated at some stage. If you wish to have your correct name given to you at birth on your GCSE certificates then there's probably a process that you have to go through and I'll be surprised if the school offer to pay that fee for you - so you may have to fund it yourself and have the school ratify that it is you. I'd also advise you to check what name they have entered you under for any further qualifications you may be taken like A Levels so that this doesn't happen again.
Ah okay thank you
Becky topping
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have the same problem but I just took my GCSE's, I am worried that I wont get my results because I used my shortened name. Did you have any problems receiving the results or is it just the name on the certificates that cause problems?

I put the same candidate number and last name for all of them.
Last edited by Becky topping; 3 weeks ago
Eggyolk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Becky topping)
I have the same problem but I just took my GCSE's, I am worried that I wont get my results because I used my shortened name. Did you have any problems receiving the results or is it just the name on the certificates that cause problems?

I put the same candidate number and last name for all of them.
Hey there, don't worry about it. I solved my problem by just asking my school to send it off and get the name changed, as long as you give them your certificates. Everything will be cool.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%