The Student Room Group

The (Not So) Peachy Road to 8/9s

Sienna's Year 11 GYG :blow:

A Peachy Hello!
Hai everyone! I'm Sienna, I'm fifteen, and as nervous as I am, I'm starting Year Eleven in September, which means my GCSEs are next year, *gasp*. :afraid: I've decided to make a GYG because I've seen so many GYGs of motivated, studious and intelligent individuals on TSR, and I don't know, it motivated me to make a GYG. Hopefully making a GYG will motivate me to power through Year 11, albeit being ~apparently~ one of the hardest years of your life.

What I want to achieve:
English Literature (H): 8
English Language (H): 8
Maths (H): 8
Chemistry (H): 9
Biology (H): 9
Physics (H): 9
Religious Studies (H): 8
History (H): 8
Spanish (H): 6/7 (I'm terrible at languages,
Spanish just doesn't click for me!)
Art: 8
Latin: 8

I've been known to be an overly ambitious, optimistic person, but who knows, I might just get these grades (now thanks to TSR)! :crossedf:

A-Level Plans
At this time I'm not confident on what I want to take, but I might choose to take Chemistry, Biology and Maths!

The future after school & college.
You just don't know what the future holds, and sometimes I wish I had a personal soothsayer, just because, *long sigh*. However, at this time, I'm pretty confident on what I want my future to look like, although still a long way off.

Potential Courses
- Medicine (ie. Gyn/Ob). It has been a dream since I was extremely young to do something in the medical field when I grow up. I just want to help people and society, and the thought of helping ~hundreds~ of people gives me a fuzzy, warm feeling. I also don't want to miss out the fact that I love chemistry (: :angel:

-Chartered Accountancy. I don't know why, maybe after a activity day at school on
stock exchange *chuckle* , the idea of doing the course of accountancy in the future has fascinated me more and more.

-Architecture. I still have a lot to learn about this course, however, my family do say I have an artistic flair and they think my art skills (that, in my opinion, I don't have) could be applied to architecture.

Unrelated to academics: :emog:

Music taste
I have a very ~versatile~ music taste, but I mainly listen to R&B, Hip-Hop and UK Hip-Hop. I'll add a playlist of songs I'm listening to during each session.

(e.g sza, 6lack, Jorja Smith, Drake, Rae Sremmurd, Travis Scott, WSTRN, Aj & Deno, AJ Tracey, A$ap Rocky, the list goes on...)

Finally, I'm just so excited to start posting entries of my progression. I'll be posting pictures of what I'm up to, my work space, stationery, and more. If you're interested, just ask to be tagged! :dancing2:

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peachystudy
Sienna's Year 11 GYG :blow:

A Peachy Hello!
Hai everyone! I'm Sienna, I'm fifteen, and as nervous as I am, I'm starting Year Eleven in September, which means my GCSEs are next year, *gasp*. :afraid: I've decided to make a GYG because I've seen so many GYGs of motivated, studious and intelligent individuals on TSR, and I don't know, it motivated me to make a GYG. Hopefully making a GYG will motivate me to power through Year 11, albeit being ~apparently~ one of the hardest years of your life.

What I want to achieve:
English Literature (H): 8
English Language (H): 8
Maths (H): 8
Chemistry (H): 9
Biology (H): 9
Physics (H): 9
Religious Studies (H): 8
History (H): 8
Spanish (H): 6/7 (I'm terrible at languages,
Spanish just doesn't click for me!)
Art: 8
Latin: 8

I've been known to be an overly ambitious, optimistic person, but who knows, I might just get these grades (now thanks to TSR)! :crossedf:

A-Level Plans
At this time I'm not confident on what I want to take, but I might choose to take Chemistry, Biology and Maths!

The future after school & college.
You just don't know what the future holds, and sometimes I wish I had a personal soothsayer, just because, *long sigh*. However, at this time, I'm pretty confident on what I want my future to look like, although still a long way off.

Potential Courses
- Medicine (ie. Gyn/Ob). It has been a dream since I was extremely young to do something in the medical field when I grow up. I just want to help people and society, and the thought of helping ~hundreds~ of people gives me a fuzzy, warm feeling. I also don't want to miss out the fact that I love chemistry (: :angel:

-Chartered Accountancy. I don't know why, maybe after a activity day at school on
stock exchange *chuckle* , the idea of doing the course of accountancy in the future has fascinated me more and more.

-Architecture. I still have a lot to learn about this course, however, my family do say I have an artistic flair and they think my art skills (that, in my opinion, I don't have) could be applied to architecture.

Unrelated to academics: :emog:

Music taste
I have a very ~versatile~ music taste, but I mainly listen to R&B, Hip-Hop and UK Hip-Hop. I'll add a playlist of songs I'm listening to during each session.

(e.g sza, 6lack, Jorja Smith, Drake, Rae Sremmurd, Travis Scott, WSTRN, Aj & Deno, AJ Tracey, A$ap Rocky, the list goes on...)

Finally, I'm just so excited to start posting entries of my progression. I'll be posting pictures of what I'm up to, my work space, stationery, and more. If you're interested, just ask to be tagged! :dancing2:

You sound so similar to me!!!!!!
I had literally the SAME reason for starting a GYG post + I'm crap at languages too.
Tag me plz, I want to be part of this journey.
Do you like Nas?
Original post by Burnt Toast
You sound so similar to me!!!!!!
I had literally the SAME reason for starting a GYG post + I'm crap at languages too.
Tag me plz, I want to be part of this journey.
Do you like Nas?

Um? I'm mindblown :blow: I just read your GYG (still have yet to comment) and we are so similar, we have similar grade goals for our GCSEs and we're both crap at languages. Ahh, hopefully we can both progress together and snatch those high grades(: And i love Nas, his new music and old music alike, ahhhh

Could you tag me on your GYG? I'll tag you and comment on your GYG tomorrow morning since the wifi's really bad here :frown:
Tag me please! Im also going into year 11 and also want to pursue medicine! :biggrin:
Tag me too please
Best of luck:hugs:
Can I be tagged?
Tag me please! :biggrin:
Um? I'm mindblown :blow: I just read your GYG (still have yet to comment) and we are so similar, we have similar grade goals for our GCSEs and we're both crap at languages. Ahh, hopefully we can both progress together and snatch those high grades(: And i love Nas, his new music and old music alike, ahhhh

Could you tag me on your GYG? I'll tag you and comment on your GYG tomorrow morning since the wifi's really bad here :frown:

Ikr🧐

I'd love to tag you

How about Busta Rhymes?
(edited 5 years ago)
To tag someone and post a picture do you need to have the TSR app? Sorry that it’s unrelated to your post (>_< )
@peachystudy How are you finding art? I did it for GCSE and I use to love it - now I hate it. Just keep on top of your work and try to get everything finished ASAP. It will save you a lot of stress!
Original post by MaizieAmyr
@peachystudy How are you finding art? I did it for GCSE and I use to love it - now I hate it. Just keep on top of your work and try to get everything finished ASAP. It will save you a lot of stress!

I'm falling behind in art rn... There is SO much work to do and I end up procrastinating and not doing the work, which means this summer I still have so much to do. I used to love art before Y10, and like you, now I absolutely hate it. And thanks for the tip, it reminded me to finish the work I didn't do in Y10. :burnout:
Original post by Hiro2468
To tag someone and post a picture do you need to have the TSR app? Sorry that it’s unrelated to your post (>_< )

I do everything online on the TSR website, but I think you can also use the TSR app. To tag people, whilst you're editing your post click the tag symbol next to the emoji. And no it's alright :tongue:
Original post by Burnt Toast
Ikr🧐

I'd love to tag you

How about Busta Rhymes?

He used to be my favourite rapper omgomgogm I haven't really listened to his new stuff tho
He used to be my favourite rapper omgomgogm I haven't really listened to his new stuff tho

Gimme Some More😍😍😍😍😍😍
Can I be tagged please? :hugs:
I'm falling behind in art rn... There is SO much work to do and I end up procrastinating and not doing the work, which means this summer I still have so much to do. I used to love art before Y10, and like you, now I absolutely hate it. And thanks for the tip, it reminded me to finish the work I didn't do in Y10. :burnout:

What kind of art do you do mainly? Painting? Drawing? Try your best to stay on top of things, In year 10 and 11 I had my weekends wholly dedicated to art, :afraid: try watching something or listening to an audiobook at the same time to make it more interesting. :yep: The most important thing is to stay on top of everything! Good luck!

Thank you soso much! I'm sure I'll be using the resources since I have barely none atm. :cute:
Thank you soso much! I'm sure I'll be using the resources since I have barely none atm. :cute:

No problem, just be careful for the english literature resource to not copy word for word due to plagerism I guess. (idk if that would be a problem but I suppose just be careful?)
Original post by MaizieAmyr
What kind of art do you do mainly? Painting? Drawing? Try your best to stay on top of things, In year 10 and 11 I had my weekends wholly dedicated to art, :afraid: try watching something or listening to an audiobook at the same time to make it more interesting. :yep: The most important thing is to stay on top of everything! Good luck!

I do both painting and drawing. I'm better at drawing though because my hands shake a LOT and I end up messing up my piece :frown: I might start dedicating half an hour everyday for art, and because I find myself getting bored whilst doing my art I'll do what you suggested, and watch something or listen to an audiobook. And thank you so much :smile::grouphugs:

Quick Reply

Latest