The Student Room Group

How can I earn money from home?

Hi,

I’m going into college this year and I get stressed easily and do athletics. I don’t really want to get a job as soon as I start college (I’m worried I won’t be able to cope and will have to stop running).

Does anybody have any ideas as to how I could earn some money from home?

Thank-you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieMay16
Hi,

I’m going into college this year and I get stressed easily and do athletics. I don’t really want to get a job as soon as I start college (I’m worried I won’t be able to cope and will have to stop running).

Grow weed for drug dealers
use your webcam
Original post by Howie_2114
Grow weed for drug dealers

No thanks but thanks for the reply :smile:
Hi,

trading?
Sell sd cards on eBay.
Sell network cards on eBay.
Build and sell gaming pcs on eBay.
Sell stuff on eBay.
Private tutor.

YouTube videos.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Analyst89
Sell sd cards on eBay.
Sell network cards on eBay.
Build and sell gaming pcs.
Sell stuff on eBay.
Private tutor.

YouTube videos.

They’re such great ideas, thank-you!
Reply 7
Hi,There is a company called saboo.co.uk that lets you buy goods at super cheap prices to sell on Ebay / Amazon , They even provide help and advice on getting you going and dont charge any fees.You dont have to buy lots and they willl even ship direct to your customers if you dont have the space at home or uni digs.Hope it helps.
Reply 8
Wash cars, mow lawn, get shopping for elderly nearby- if you know an instrument you could teach
Tutor. Money isn't too bad and so long as you have a clean enough house, it can pay a decent wage. =)

Either that or buy a lottery ticket. =D
Original post by HevvaG
Wash cars, mow lawn, get shopping for elderly nearby- if you know an instrument you could teach

They’re good ideas, thank-you :smile:
Original post by Scienceisgood
Tutor. Money isn't too bad and so long as you have a clean enough house, it can pay a decent wage. =)

Either that or buy a lottery ticket. =D

Haha, thanks for your response :smile:
hey @op if you have a bit of money already, i would put it in crypto. this month so far i've made 3k from it alone
Original post by GradeA
Hi,There is a company called saboo.co.uk that lets you buy goods at super cheap prices to sell on Ebay / Amazon , They even provide help and advice on getting you going and dont charge any fees.You dont have to buy lots and they willl even ship direct to your customers if you dont have the space at home or uni digs.Hope it helps.

Thank-you, that’s a great idea!
Original post by juicewrld
hey @op if you have a bit of money already, i would put it in crypto. this month so far i've made 3k from it alone

Wow, I put some thought into that, it seems like a good idea :smile:
Wow, I put some thought into that, it seems like a good idea :smile:

It's also carries a very high risk of losing part or all of your money:wink:

Currency trading is little more than gambling - don't gamble what you cannot afford to lose. Sure some people make a profit although the majority don't.
Original post by ch0c0h01ic

Currency trading is little more than gambling - don't gamble what you cannot afford to lose. Sure some people make a profit although the majority don't.

Good point! :smile:
Original post by ch0c0h01ic

i wouldn't say that, if you know what you're doing you will make profit. just requires effort studying the coins. long term investing is like gambling
Reply 18
i wouldn't say that, if you know what you're doing you will make profit. just requires effort studying the coins. long term investing is like gambling

Not very different to going to uni and taking on a huge student debt, in the hope that you will get a high paying salary which will justify putting yourself in debt for the rest of your life.
i wouldn't say that, if you know what you're doing you will make profit. just requires effort studying the coins.

Nobody knows with any certainty how the currency markets will move from one week to the next, regardless of how much "studying" you do or "signals" you get.

You are speculating (or gambling) on currency movements, and I assume you have some limited success, however that does not mean it will always be the case. Bitcoin is a great current crypto example where many normal people lost £1,000s if not £10,000s speculating on price movement and momentum.

long term investing is like gambling

This just shows how little you know about investing.

A broadly diversified portfolio of bonds and equities is very unlikely to lose money over the medium to long term. On the other hand individual crypto currencies are far more likely to be worth substantially less than their peak (eg; Bitcoin) or even worthless.

Unfortunately we only hear of the successes, the coins that massively increase in value or the individuals that make substantial profits, not the currencies that fail or the individuals that become bankrupt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending