The Student Room Group

Compliance Caseworker EO/HO

Scroll to see replies

Fantastic, well done.

How many competency sensrios do the ask you to share?
Original post by LibbieLewis
I did! I scored top marks too 🤪!
I was asked to give three scenarios based on the competencies being tested
Original post by srsr1234#
Fantastic, well done.

How many competency sensrios do the ask you to share?
Good morning,

I have finally received my provisional offer for EO Compliance Officer Nottingham (2018 campaign).

Timeline:

6th April 2018: Application for Nottingham submitted
14th April 2018: Invite to interview
7th May 2018: Interview
1st June 2018: Put on reserve list (scores 444)
12th September 2019: Provisional Offer

I work in the Finance Department. My current employer has recently agreed to pay for my professional accountancy qualification (CIMA).
Does anyone know whether I could do this type of apprenticeship with HMRC?
I would be grateful for any advice.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 503
Original post by Hope4news
Good morning,

I have finally received my provisional offer for EO Compliance Officer Nottingham (2018 campaign).

Timeline:

6th April 2018: Application for Nottingham submitted
14th April 2018: Invite to interview
7th May 2018: Interview
1st June 2018: Put on reserve list (scores 444)
12th September 2019: Provisional Offer

I work in the Finance Department. My current employer has recently agreed to pay for my professional accountancy qualification (CIMA).
Does anyone know whether I could do this type of apprenticeship with HMRC?
I would be grateful for any advice.

Good luck everyone!

They probably would but only after you’re probation which is a year
Congratulations! do you mind telling us what position you were in on your list when you got your score? I've scored 4-5-4 and I am 25th on the list so not sure how long that will take :frown:
Good morning Inka2,

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this. You made my day! I am going to accept the offer! Much appreciated
Original post by maximw1234
Congratulations! do you mind telling us what position you were in on your list when you got your score? I've scored 4-5-4 and I am 25th on the list so not sure how long that will take :frown:

Good morning Maximw1234,

Thank you for your message. It was a long wait however I have never enquired about my position on the reserve list. I did make a freedom of information request though. Please see the below 😊

Responses to the information requested is as follows:
1. We received 871 applications for the Nottingham post.
2. 286 applicants were invited to interview in Nottingham.
3. 161 applicants pass their interview and were placed in a reserve list for Nottingham.
4. As of the 22/05/2019 there are 40 applicants remaining on the reserve list for vacancy
5. As of 22/05/2019, 106 applicants have received Provisional Offers by HMRC for the
Nottingham Posts for vacancy 1576936.
6. As of 22/05/2019, 67 applicants have received a Formal offer by HMRC for the Nottingham Posts for vacancy 1576936.
Reply 507
Has anyone recently applied for Liverpool? My interview was Sep 2019. I found out I was on the reserve list a couple of weeks ago.
I've finally received a provisional offer for compliance caseworker - HO, Customer Compliance Group.
The offer says:

"5 days out of 7 days on a rota basis covering various working patterns between 8am
- 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 4pm Saturday and Sunday", but then also says "Normal office hours: Monday to Friday within the hours that your office is open and your start and end times will be agreed with your manager".

The first paragraph mentions shifts, but the second one "Monday to Friday"
Does anyone know if I will need to work on weekends/public holidays and, if so, how often?
It doesn't seem a call centre job so, generally, working hours should be Mo-Fri. Can anyone clarify? Thank you!
Depends what department you get some do work Saturdays we also get all the bank holidays off
Original post by Anisablue
Depends what department you get some do work Saturdays we also get all the bank holidays off

Thank you! Every single Saturday or once in a while? No Sundays it seems then.
No Sunday - it wouldn’t be every week you would be on Rota normally 1 in 4
Hi Guys, recently completed my pre employment checks for Croydon branch but still waiting on a start date. Would you guys know how long people are waiting for a start date?Its a painful process as I have been on reserve list for nearly two years now 😕
Reply 513
Original post by Fimo2020
Hi Guys, recently completed my pre employment checks for Croydon branch but still waiting on a start date. Would you guys know how long people are waiting for a start date?Its a painful process as I have been on reserve list for nearly two years now 😕

Hi, I too have been on the reserve list for almost 2 years. Recently was advised that the reserve list has been extended for a further 3 months (up to). I wonder whether we are ever going to get an offer? It seems like some people know where they are on the reserve list. How can that be possible? Having reread your post it looks like you are ahead of me as I haven't had my pre-employment checks done.

When did they contact you? do you mind telling me what was your interview score? thanks
Original post by AliGas
Hi, I too have been on the reserve list for almost 2 years. Recently was advised that the reserve list has been extended for a further 3 months (up to). I wonder whether we are ever going to get an offer? It seems like some people know where they are on the reserve list. How can that be possible? Having reread your post it looks like you are ahead of me as I haven't had my pre-employment checks done.

When did they contact you? do you mind telling me what was your interview score? thanks

Hi where are you based? I have been on Belfast list for 16 month and they extended it for a further 6 ... frustrating
Reply 515
Original post by Florriebinn
Hi where are you based? I have been on Belfast list for 16 month and they extended it for a further 6 ... frustrating

Hi thanks for replying - I’m in Croydon - does anyone know if there is a recruitment drive - otherwise y extend the reserve list? Thanks
Is flexible working the rule at HMRC or is it necessary to make a spefic request?
People who have had their reserve lists extended, how soon to the reserve list end date are you told it is being extended?
Original post by TL242434
People who have had their reserve lists extended, how soon to the reserve list end date are you told it is being extended?

6 months ..
Original post by Florriebinn
6 months

So they extended it for 6 months? Or told you 6 months before your expiry date it was being extended?
Sorry for the misunderstanding! I’m just trying stay hopeful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending