Turn on thread page Beta

What's your side hustle? watch

ReputationRep:
    Bonus points if you actually make a profit and it has nothing to do with soundcloud

ReputationRep:
    so yall still live off your parents ig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEME*clap*REVIEW)
    so yall still live off your parents ig
    and you don't? whatever
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    me studying is my main and side hustle. dont have much time for anything else bruh

ReputationRep:
    I have no skills. Let me know if you find a market 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egBerto)
    and you don't? whatever
    lol b i wish

(Original post by SomMC1)
    me studying is my main and side hustle. dont have much time for anything else bruh
    good on you bruv, education comes first

(Original post by Conniestitution)
    I have no skills. Let me know if you find a market 😂
    foot cam model lmao
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Being a student: Student loan is psuedo-free money and if you don't spend it all, you make a profit. I'm not going to descibe it in detail but it's also resulted in some fairly circumstantial income streams that haven't required me doing anything. Think along the lines of grants for top performing students.

Besides that, I made a little money off YouTube before the rules changed, but was at a rate of a few quid a month.

I studied Graphic Communication at college, which involved making some T Shirt designs. Those have been on an online print store for several years now. Similarly it's only a few quid a month.

Before uni I used to buy and sell on eBay quite a bit, that was fairly profitable.

Nothing of the above has required a drastic amount of work but equally they mostly don't offer a decent amount of money either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Being a student: Student loan is psuedo-free money and if you don't spend it all, you make a profit. I'm not going to descibe it in detail but it's also resulted in some fairly circumstantial income streams that haven't required me doing anything. Think along the lines of grants for top performing students.

Besides that, I made a little money off YouTube before the rules changed, but was at a rate of a few quid a month.

I studied Graphic Communication at college, which involved making some T Shirt designs. Those have been on an online print store for several years now. Similarly it's only a few quid a month.

Before uni I used to buy and sell on eBay quite a bit, that was fairly profitable.

Nothing of the above has required a drastic amount of work but equally they mostly don't offer a decent amount of money either.
    Man, I still can't get my head around how to sell on eBay. Shipping confuses the hell outta me lmfao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

Admire the dedication. And yes, Youtube money is a joke.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Bit of arbing, bit of cryptocurrency trading, I do some online contracted work. My main job is part time so I have some decent free time for "side hustle". Plus I've gotten back into cue sports this year and I've gotten back into the pool leagues and met some folks that like to play for money - I'm playing in a £1000 money match next month, both players put £500 in the purse, race to 10 frames, winner takes all. Wish me luck
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jdijx)
    Man, I still can't get my head around how to sell on eBay. Shipping confuses the hell outta me lmfao.
    What is it that confused you about it? Quite simply package whatever it is up, go to post office, ask to send First/Second class recorded and upload the code to the seller page. There's no really much more to it than that. I sold some items that I put through courier services but in all honesty the postage part is probably the easiest to get right.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MEME*clap*REVIEW)
    Admire the dedication. And yes, Youtube money is a joke.
    I had my channel monetised for around 3 or 4 years iirc. Basically one or two older evergreen videos that kept making a little money each month. I hit the first £60 payout a few years ago, was getting very close to the second one just before the rules changed and my channel was demonetised. So technically I still have £58 sat in an Adsense account that I can't withdraw

In all honesty, there's no dedication involved. eBay selling was the only one that really took effort. The others are things were effort went in once and then got forgotten about

ReputationRep:
    Was a cleaner in Starbucks if that counts...I mean I was hustling and bustling all day with the rubbish :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    What is it that confused you about it? Quite simply package whatever it is up, go to post office, ask to send First/Second class recorded and upload the code to the seller page. There's no really much more to it than that. I sold some items that I put through courier services but in all honesty the postage part is probably the easiest to get right.
    I mean it sounds easy when you say it like that :lol:

I don't get how to calculate the cost for shipping and how much it would be if the buyer is purchasing from another country, etc.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    YouTube. Still building my brand though.

ReputationRep:
    I made about 80£ selling some of my second hand books and games on Amazon.

I made £30 more selling my XBOX Original games and some Wii games on Amazon compared to CEX. I sold 1 XBOX Original game for £10 and mine was lowest price

Unfortunately I have run out of things to sell now or things that will sell for a good price

ReputationRep:
    what does ur username mean op

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I haven’t got one at the mo... could do with the money.

My brother does match betting though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ol94)
    what does ur username mean op
    It means I’m 9 years old.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Unfortunately I haven’t got one at the mo... could do with the money.

My brother does match betting though.
    That’s great!! Sell your brother

ReputationRep:
    pimping out my sweet azz

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.