The Student Room Group

Ear piercing bump

I got my room pierced 2 months ago. Healing has been fine up until about 2 weeks ago. A small(diameter of piercing) hard bump has formed. I am dark skinned but the bump is slightly red/pink. It doesn’t leak but it itches slightly. I was told(via forum) it is hypertrophic scarring from sleeping. Any tips for healing and advice on how to get rid of this hideous bump. I don’t want people looking at my piercing and seeing this.
Reply 1
I have a helix and when I put a new loop in I think I had an allergic reaction to the metal. Is your piercing hypoallergenic or medical steel? May be consider changing it or clean the lump daily. Also you could try a salt bath or something ( u can find recipes on google)

If it doesn’t go down over the next few days go to a doctor and check it out - there are some antibiotics available for piercing problems
Reply 2
Yikes! I honestly don’t know if it’s surgical steel or not. I’ve tried salt soaks and no luck( it only keeps the bump from peeling). I may go to a piercer to get it examined and changed. Thanks so much for the reply! I appreciate it.
you got your room pierced?

Quick Reply

Latest