Raleigh park nottingham, payment needed before?

Watch
hashtag99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm going to be staying at Raleigh park in september in Notts, im going through the induction and before you even get there you must make a payment of around £650, i don't have my loan till my course starts so was wondering what's the deal with? It's also asking me to book a slot of when to pick up my keys and i presume move in, the earliest is the 22nd of september and my course starts on the 24th, i thought freshers was a week before my course?
kodakid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, you do have to pay a deposit to secure your room. But in terms of the first rent installment usually, accommodation are aware that students are waiting for their loans to come in so they are fine with you paying it later- as long as you let them know that this is the case. I don't know the answer the your last question but normally you move in at the start of freshers week
alws
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hashtag99)
I'm going to be staying at Raleigh park in september in Notts, im going through the induction and before you even get there you must make a payment of around £650, i don't have my loan till my course starts so was wondering what's the deal with? It's also asking me to book a slot of when to pick up my keys and i presume move in, the earliest is the 22nd of september and my course starts on the 24th, i thought freshers was a week before my course?
Yes, I am going there too and I am very confused. They aren't really providing much information or any precise deadlines etc. What is the £650 for by the way?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You just need to pay your deposit, and you can pick up your keys from the start of your rental agreement!

I lived across from raleigh park in manor villages last year! You will have a great time! Notts is amazing.

Im doing my second year abroad in malaysia!
Are you in the business school too?
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
You just need to pay your deposit, and you can pick up your keys from the start of your rental agreement!

I lived across from raleigh park in manor villages last year! You will have a great time! Notts is amazing.

Im doing my second year abroad in malaysia!
Are you in the business school too?
I am not in the business school (not sure if you were asking me or OP).
When did they want the first rent installment?
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
I am not in the business school (not sure if you were asking me or OP).
When did they want the first rent installment?
You can pay after you get SFE. You just need to pay the deposit.

Figured you guys might be doing business, since thats jubilee campus, Raleigh Park.
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can pay after you get SFE. You just need to pay the deposit.

Figured you guys might be doing business, since thats jubilee campus, Raleigh Park.
Oh I see, no I'm doing a science course at university park, just went for Raliegh Park as it was cheapest and self-catered, not sure about OP though.
I have already paid a deposit of £250 or is there another deposit? Not sure what the £650 is about?
Thanks for your help!
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
Oh I see, no I'm doing a science course at university park, just went for Raliegh Park as it was cheapest and self-catered, not sure about OP though.
I have already paid a deposit of £250 or is there another deposit? Not sure what the £650 is about?
Thanks for your help!
oh man thats a bit of a pain...but you will be living right across from a brilliantly stocked Lidl, better then the ones in Germany (im german, its a german grocery food chain lol). The hopper bus is a bit annoying for AM lectures though. You'll need about 30 mins to get to university park each morning.
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh man thats a bit of a pain...but you will be living right across from a brilliantly stocked Lidl, better then the ones in Germany (im german, its a german grocery food chain lol). The hopper bus is a bit annoying for AM lectures though. You'll need about 30 mins to get to university park each morning.
Oh nice hahahaha I'm half German too!
I know the commute will be a bit of a hassle but I am used to it from school etc., it is only one year anyway and then I will find other accommodation.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
Oh nice hahahaha I'm half German too!
I know the commute will be a bit of a hassle but I am used to it from school etc., it is only one year anyway and then I will find other accommodation.
Fair enough! Its not too bad, its just annoying in the morning...besides your going into year 1, enjoy it, and dont stress too much! Im heading into year 2 🤔😂 funs over for me lol.
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fair enough! Its not too bad, its just annoying in the morning...besides your going into year 1, enjoy it, and dont stress too much! Im heading into year 2 🤔😂 funs over for me lol.
I'm sure you'll have fun in year 2 hahaahahaha, and good luck for your second year!
Silent_Hurricane
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I am going to be staying in Raleigh Park this year too.
Actually, you do need to pay the first installment in order to get your keys. Several people have emailed them and they have said that even though they are aware that the loan comes in later, you still need to pay the first installment on the 22nd as they have had past experiences of people living there for a few days and then moving out.

What you can do it email them and show them proof of your approved loan and they will split your first installment in half - meaning you will need to pay 50% of it before/on the 22nd and the other half on the 24th when your loan comes in.

Also, freshers week is 24-30th of Spetember, and the actual lectures start on the 1st of October.

everyone is experiencing the same thing with the payment.
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Silent_Hurricane)
Actually, you do need to pay the first installment in order to get your keys. Several people have emailed them and they have said that even though they are aware that the loan comes in later, you still need to pay the first installment on the 22nd as they have had past experiences of people living there for a few days and then moving out.

What you can do it email them and show them proof of your approved loan and they will split your first installment in half - meaning you will need to pay 50% of it before/on the 22nd and the other half on the 24th when your loan comes in.

Also, freshers week is 24-30th of Spetember, and the actual lectures start on the 1st of October.

We have a fb group and chat for Raleigh Park if you want to join - everyone is experiencing the same thing with the payment.
Wow, fortunately I have savings just enough to cover the first installment, but how the **** do they expect people to do it otherwise (even if it is half)? What are you going to study, just out of curiosity?
hashtag99
Rep:
?

everyone is experiencing the same thing with the payment.
I got an email from the uni saying my course starts on the 24th and not the 1st though
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an email from the uni saying my course starts on the 24th and not the 1st though
I think the course technically starts on the 24th but you don't have lectures (except maybe introduction lectures) until the week after.
Silent_Hurricane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, we will have introductory lectures during freshers week. I think everyone's courses officially start on the 24th as freshers week is included in that!
alws
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, we will have introductory lectures during freshers week. I think everyone's courses officially start on the 24th as freshers week is included in that!
Have you already completed the online induction thing for Raleigh Park? Do you get to select your bedroom or is it allocated? I also don't know my flat block just the flat number itself, do you find this out in the induction or have they made a mistake? Sorry for asking so many questions.
Silent_Hurricane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alws)
Have you already completed the online induction thing for Raleigh Park? Do you get to select your bedroom or is it allocated? I also don't know my flat block just the flat number itself, do you find this out in the induction or have they made a mistake? Sorry for asking so many questions.

I haven't completed the induction, I'll probably do it at the beginning of September when I have the money to pay the first installment.

The room is allocated, you can find the court name, block number, flat number and room letter in your tenancy agreement(which you can find in your profile), I think it's on the second page of the document but I could be wrong.
Nothing to apologize for, I'm happy to help!
cherryblossoming
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi just wanted to ask did you go through clearing/was Notingham your insurance? Or have you had your accommodation since March?
hashtag99
Rep:
?
(Original post by cherryblossoming)
Hi just wanted to ask did you go through clearing/was Notingham your insurance? Or have you had your accommodation since March?
I had mine as a firm and got in and I also booked the accommodation in March, hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.17%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (132)
60.55%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.76%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (31)
14.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed