RoseyL09
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys please can someone help me, I am trying to write my personal statement but I am struggling so much because I keep getting told different things to add and all are very confusing because I don’t know what to add or remove to my personal statement.
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5535572

Check this out. I've written out exactly how you should write your personal statement. It's designed for Medicine, however, it's more or less the same for every subject.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The first section should detail a little about why you want to study your subject - you could talk about your interest and what you hope to do with it. If you have done relevant volunteering/work experience or wider reading/video watching that has encouraged your interest in this subject you could mention this to.

The bulk of your personal statement should be about you. Talk about your personal qualities, achievements, extra-curricular activities. Here is the space for you to sell yourself as a student!

You might find this useful: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...onal-statement
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What you studying.
RoseyL09
Rep:
?
random_matt I am currently studying law, Theology&ethics and french but would like to swap from law to sociology. I want to study law in university but at the moment my grades in Alevel law are not yet matching my ability
RoseyL09
Rep:
?
Cheesecake lover thank you so much honestly 😭😭
RoseyL09
Rep:
?
HGS345 thank you
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RoseyL09)
HGS345 thank you
There is a guide for studying law in my signature below It's an academic course so you should focus on your academic interests in the subject
RoseyL09
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.24%
Disagree (6)
5.04%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.61%
Agree (45)
37.82%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.29%

Watched Threads