The Student Room Group

Sleeping issues

What’s a good way to get yourself to sleep? I can never sleep when I need it and it’s kind of annoying. I have been trying for a while now but can’t seem to sleep. Can someone help please?
Original post by Anonymous
What’s a good way to get yourself to sleep? I can never sleep when I need it and it’s kind of annoying. I have been trying for a while now but can’t seem to sleep. Can someone help please?

Well you are wanting to sleep but getting to sleep is not what you get. The wanting to sleep doesn't get you to sleep. Let sleep come to you.

Well thats my only tip.

p.s. who needs sleep lol, i don't sleep till morning. My mind is cascading with ideas at night
Also I like listening to classical music at night, to pass the time. Classical music is perfectly timed meaning you will never rush into your thoughts....
Im listening to this right now https://youtu.be/NGwVvePQc0Q
Reply 3
Do you go to the gym? I always fall asleep so much quicker after going.
Well I put on a playlist which has a bunch of dreary songs then I fall asleep, you can try meditating or ab workouts in bed (I know strange but it makes you tired)...
Original post by London090
Well I put on a playlist which has a bunch of dreary songs then I fall asleep, you can try meditating or ab workouts in bed (I know strange but it makes you tired)...

I wonder what that playlist is... my ears hoard frequencies of all kinds of music
Original post by Anonymous

1. No food in the 4 hour run-up to bedtime (and no caffiene in the 6 hour run-up).
2. Make supper a modest affair low in added sugars.
3. No looking at your phone or any other types of lit moniters while trying to go to sleep (stick to books or meditation only).
4. Take up a sport/exercise during the daytime to help you burn excess energy and regulate your internal biological clock better.
5. Get your teeth brushing & face washing etc routines done and out of the way long before you actually need to go to bed.
6. Practice bed time relaxation techniques.
Reply 7
Listening to White Noise, allows your brain to relax and you fall asleep extremely quickly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending