Don’t have accomadation in halls should I take a gap year

Watch
ramaldinho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I went through clearing and didn’t get a place in halls, and am on holiday till the 6th September so can’t go house hunting rn. Should I just take a gap year
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ramaldinho)
I went through clearing and didn’t get a place in halls, and am on holiday till the 6th September so can’t go house hunting rn. Should I just take a gap year
Over housing? I wouldn't say you had to but are there other reasons? When does uni start? You can always stay in an air bnb and then house hunt or look on spareroom.
ramaldinho
Rep:
?
Uni starts on the 15th of September but I really wanted to live in halls. I’ll try my best to find accommodation but am still unsure as to what to do
Kerbewm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Uni starts on the 15th of September but I really wanted to live in halls. I’ll try my best to find accommodation but am still unsure as to what to do
Contact your university and let them know how crucial it is that you get accomadation. Tell them you can't afford or are unable to find any local affordable housing and that it's going to drastically affect your studies - if not force you to defer the year entirely.

I'm sure they'll be more than happy to try and push you up the waiting list or give you a room. Don't forget that the start of the term is when most people on the waiting list are going to be offered a place, as many find their own place or decide to defer, leaving many a room open.
ramaldinho
Rep:
?
The uni said they can’t give out waiting list number and told me to find private accomadation

How likely is it that rooms will become available as uni starts
freepalestine123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mans tryna take a gap year over accommodation 😂😂 just find a private halls with other first years my guy it’s the same as living in halls
ramaldinho
Rep:
?
(Original post by freepalestine123)
Mans tryna take a gap year over accommodation 😂😂 just find a private halls with other first years my guy it’s the same as living in halls
Bro I’ve been looking at private accommodation
at Sussex and can’t find nothing, I really don’t know what to do lol
freepalestine123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s honestly embarrassing that uni’s are denying people places in halls without giving them the proper help to find them a place to live nearby to the university. It’s like if you’re maintenance money isn’t going to them then they don’t give a **** where you end up living.

Have you tried this?:

https://www.sussexstudentpad.co.uk/accommodation
ramaldinho
Rep:
?
(Original post by freepalestine123)
It’s honestly embarrassing that uni’s are denying people places in halls without giving them the proper help to find them a place to live nearby to the university. It’s like if you’re maintenance money isn’t going to them then they don’t give a **** where you end up living.

Have you tried this?:

https://www.sussexstudentpad.co.uk/accommodation
I’ll check it out thanks so much man
TheShieldNewcastle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!

Where are you going to university?

There will be other accommodation that is not owned by the uni that you can try that may have room for you.

Have you tried private accommodation?
ramaldinho
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheShieldNewcastle)
Hi!

Where are you going to university?

There will be other accommodation that is not owned by the uni that you can try that may have room for you.

Have you tried private accommodation?
I’m going to the university of Sussex but haven’t had any luck so fit with finding private accommodation, and I don’t think there are any private halls in Sussex
Speckle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not your fault man, Sussex doesn't have any accommodation outside of halls.

Seriously though, if you can't find anything, you haven't even tried and/or are a moron.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (56)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.65%
No I am happy with my choice (109)
55.61%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads