Turn on thread page Beta

Revision and Exam Stress watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’m going into year 11 and I’m really nervous and panicking a lot. I did pretty well in my year 10 mocks and managed to bag myself a fair amount of passes without revising at all. But my problem is I really struggle to revise as I get easily distracted as a result of my mild ADHD (it is very mild though) I suffer from really bad anxiety and it’s very bad as a result of nerves.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on ways to revise ?
    And also if anyone has any tips for taking control of my anxiety during GCSE year ?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It’s different for everyone on how to revise. I tried so many things which just didn’t work for me! I revised for all my exams the night before whilst going to after school sessions with teachers to get that extra bit of help a revision guide or YouTube can’t give me. I just wrote everything out on flashcards condensing notes and focusing on what I really don’t know.

Because of your anxiety I don’t recommend revising the whole 2 years content in one night because it is a real lot of stress! I would space it out throughout year 11. I wish I started revising in January to master stuff and so things weren’t all cramped in one night or month.

Also ensure you make a revision time table you should follow and make sure you prioritise subjects depending on your ability.

Hope I’ve helped abit x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes thank you very much ! I will plan my revision timetable later ! X

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, by now you should have mastered your revision technique. But it's okay if you haven't as you have plenty of time.Due to your anxiety, don't revise the night before, but space it out. I would say you should start revising January.Before that, make all your revision notes/cards (whatever you use to revise).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aakib Baz)
    To be honest, by now you should have mastered your revision technique. But it's okay if you haven't as you have plenty of time.Due to your anxiety, don't revise the night before, but space it out. I would say you should start revising January.Before that, make all your revision notes/cards (whatever you use to revise).
    Okay thank you I will do that

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.