The Student Room Group

Will the grade boundaries be low for GCSE next year?

Since the new GCSE was properly introduced for the students only this year, I was wondering if the grade boundaries were still going to remain low next year, or are they slowly going to pull them higher each year?

- A nervous to-be-year11 (:

Scroll to see replies

I don’t think they will go up much, possibly by 2-4 marks, so not too bad. But yes, unless the entire country bombs each and every exam, it is more than likely the grade boundaries will go up
Original post by peachystudy
Since the new GCSE was properly introduced for the students only this year, I was wondering if the grade boundaries were still going to remain low next year, or are they slowly going to pull them higher each year?

Okay, so don't be nervous. The grade boundaries are indefinitely going to up and can be quite high. This is because, this year the boundaries will be very low due to new 9-1 system. So the following year will be quite high. The year after (2020), they'll find a balnce, and those will be the boundaries consistent.
Original post by Aakib Baz
Okay, so don't be nervous. The grade boundaries are indefinitely going to up and can be quite high. This is because, this year the boundaries will be very low due to new 9-1 system. So the following year will be quite high. The year after (2020), they'll find a balnce, and those will be the boundaries consistent.

I'm doing my GCSEs next year and I'm terrified now. Can't they remain real low for next year too? And are u sure about this bc i'm absolutely scared for them:frown:
;
I'm doing my GCSEs next year and I'm terrified now. Can't they remain real low for next year too? And are u sure about this bc i'm absolutely scared for them:frown:
;

OR, the exams can be really difficult in comparison to this year's, as our GCSEs this year we're ridiculously easy
OR, the exams can be really difficult in comparison to this year's, as our GCSEs this year we're ridiculously easy

I wouldn’t go as far as calling them ‘ridiculously easy’ especially if you don’t achieve straight 8s/9s. :wink: What subjects did you study?
I think that the grade boundaries will be similar next year, but the marks needed may increase a bit, as you’ll have more resources (past papers, examiners reports, the grade boundaries themselves, etc). However, it’s hard to be 100% sure because you guys haven’t sat the exams yet. Don’t start worrying now! You’ll be absolutely fine! :biggrin:
Original post by Murrinn123
I wouldn’t go as far as calling them ‘ridiculously easy’ especially if you don’t achieve straight 8s/9s. :wink: What subjects did you study?

Wish me luck,hehehe.
Maths
Language
Literature
(Separate Science/Triple award)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Business
Geography
D+T
Art
Wish me luck,hehehe.
Maths
Language
Literature
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Business
Geography
D+T
Art

I can also say that my mocks were harder than my GCSEs
Wish me luck,hehehe.
Maths
Language
Literature
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Business
Geography
D+T
Art

Good luck! I’ll be rooting for you. :biggrin:
Here are my subjects:
Maths (Higher Tier)
English Language
English Literature
RE
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Spanish
History
Geography
Computer Science

I can definitely say that I found GCSEs somewhat challenging, mainly because of how much content we had to memorise. Best of luck everyone!

Girlll dont worry we'll get through no matter how high the grade boundaries! :biggrin:
;

Oh no 😰. I guess it all depends on tomorrow, whether the Year 11s now did well or not. We just need to bang out and study for a couple months and we’ll be okay x
Wish me luck,hehehe.
Maths
Language
Literature
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Business
Geography
D+T
Art

Original post by Murrinn123
Good luck! I’ll be rooting for you. :biggrin:
Here are my subjects:
Maths (Higher Tier)
English Language
English Literature
RE
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Spanish
History
Geography
Computer Science

I can definitely say that I found GCSEs somewhat challenging, mainly because of how much content we had to memorise. Best of luck everyone!

Good luck you guys! You'll do amazinglyy x
Original post by FloralPrints
Girlll dont worry we'll get through no matter how high the grade boundaries! :biggrin:

Original post by RazzzBerries
Oh no 😰. I guess it all depends on tomorrow, whether the Year 11s now did well or not. We just need to bang out and study for a couple months and we’ll be okay x

Aww guys, thanks for the reassurance! If we study real hard maybe we can all get those 8/9s! :tongue:
With A-levels they remained at the same sort of level. Some subjects even went down. Of course it's all down to the difficulty of the paper and the ability of the cohort.
Good luck you guys! You'll do amazinglyy x

Best of luck to you too, the only paper that was challenging was Physics Paper 2 for separate science. Surprise surprise it was the last exam
Best of luck to you too, the only paper that was challenging was Physics Paper 2 for separate science. Surprise surprise it was the last exam

Thank you! :biggrin: I loathe last exams since I always lose motivation and start slacking, and for you guys it just had to be the hardest paper :frown:
Thank you! :biggrin: I loathe last exams since I always lose motivation and start slacking, and for you guys it just had to be the hardest paper :frown:

Idk how I'm going to go sleep tonight 😶
Idk how I'm going to go sleep tonight 😶

Please don't stress out, remember you won't ever have to do GCSEs again, and you'll do absolutely brilliantly :grouphugs:
Aww guys, thanks for the reassurance! If we study real hard maybe we can all get those 8/9s! :tongue:

Yhhh, we’ll be fine. We’re apparently a smart lot so statistics are on our side xD

Quick Reply

Latest