ebonyyharrison
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got my AS results the other day and i got a D in chemsitry, im not very happy about it as in the end i want to get an A in chemsitry. IS this even possible???? Has anyone else done this?? How much do As results even tell how you will atchieve next year
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ebonyyharrison)
I got my AS results the other day and i got a D in chemsitry, im not very happy about it as in the end i want to get an A in chemsitry. IS this even possible???? Has anyone else done this?? How much do As results even tell how you will atchieve next year
It is possible. Go over the AS content again, specifically the questions/topics you got wrong or didn’t understand.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ebonyyharrison)
What do you think caused you to get this grade? Lack of revision? Not revising the right way?

No one knows if you can get an A next year, and anecdotal evidence won't help.

If you've done lots of revision and got a D, then perhaps change the way you're revising? Are you using the exam board's resources fully? Reading examiner's reports for common mistakes or analysing mark schemes to see if they're looking for a specific way to explain things/specific keywords?
JimmyG69
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't stress too much about the result itself, make sure you understand where you went wrong and chemistry is all about memorisation (I got an A at a level) and our teacher was always stressing to memorise patterns and formulas etc 👍
ebonyyharrison
Rep:
?
I feel like u revised quite a bit but probably more for the other subjects
ebonyyharrison
Rep:
?
Do u have any advice on how to get an A? JimmyG69
JimmyG69
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In terms of advice I would say there are afew key things I did :
1) I always made additional notes after class to Consolidate what I'd learned.
2)I completed loads of past paper questions, from the spec I was on and the older spec ( I did aqa)
3)I learned the ways that the markschemes worked inside out so I could maximise the amount of marks if get from each answer.

Other than the above I'd say that you should take a good look over your specification and see if there are any specific things you could memorise to make your life easier. For example my teacher got us to memorise all the reactions related to transition metals, because if they were to come up as a question in the exam (or as apart of the question) it was essentially free marks and I wouldn't waste time trying to rack my brains for it. Hope this helps 👍
ebonyyharrison
Rep:
?
@jimmyg69 thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads