The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

English Lit Question

Hi! I'm about to go into first year studying English Lit and I was wondering how many of the books from the reading list do I actually need to buy? There's quite a bit (no surprise) but I'm not exactly made of money and I don't want to waste money on a book where I only use one chapter. Can any students help?

Thanks!
Original post by toolsofdestiny
Hi! I'm about to go into first year studying English Lit and I was wondering how many of the books from the reading list do I actually need to buy? There's quite a bit (no surprise) but I'm not exactly made of money and I don't want to waste money on a book where I only use one chapter. Can any students help?

Thanks!

I wouldn't buy any of the books until you actually get to university and get told/asked to buy a certain one specifically.

Does your local library not have it? You could do an inter-library loan with them (should be free) and get access to the book that way before you go to university.

Once you're at uni, the course texts should definitely be available for you to loan as well :smile:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest