Accepting your accommodation offer

Watch
Connor_22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I have an outstanding offer of residence at Cardiff University currently, and it asks you to put in the ‘name’ of your account when filling out Direct Debit bank details. What exactly does this mean?

Also, I currently do not have a student bank account. Do you need one to accept the accommodation? Or is it ok to put in my current mini account details?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Connor_22)
Hi,

I have an outstanding offer of residence at Cardiff University currently, and it asks you to put in the ‘name’ of your account when filling out Direct Debit bank details. What exactly does this mean?

Also, I currently do not have a student bank account. Do you need one to accept the accommodation? Or is it ok to put in my current mini account details?
Any account that can take direct debits is fine, it doesn't need to be a student account. However some savings accounts etc may not be suitable.

The name is just the name your account is under, e.g Mr John A Smith or whatever.
Connor_22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Any account that can take direct debits is fine, it doesn't need to be a student account. However some savings accounts etc may not be suitable.

The name is just the name your account is under, e.g Mr John A Smith or whatever.
Thank you very much! Do you happen to know if a Santander 123 mini can take direct debits?
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you very much! Do you happen to know if a Santander 123 mini can take direct debits?
I don't, I'm afraid. Why don't you contact your bank for advice?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

Moved to Cardiff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (146)
14.46%
I'm not sure (43)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
30%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.71%

Watched Threads