The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Clearing closed for the course I want?

Ive just finished my first year at NTU studying Spanish and Chinese. After a very difficult year in terms of family and course problems, I've decided that Chinese is not for me.

I've called up the admissions department to change to a different course (Spanish and global studies) but as clearing is closed now, the guy said that it's not 100% I'll get in.

Has anyone gotten in after clearing has closed? Any tips?

I've emailed the course leaders etc but it's summer so everyone's away
Original post by Hannah.cost
Ive just finished my first year at NTU studying Spanish and Chinese. After a very difficult year in terms of family and course problems, I've decided that Chinese is not for me.

I've called up the admissions department to change to a different course (Spanish and global studies) but as clearing is closed now, the guy said that it's not 100% I'll get in.

Has anyone gotten in after clearing has closed? Any tips?

I've emailed the course leaders etc but it's summer so everyone's away

Staff shouldn't be away just because it's summer, They don't get the summer break as holiday - they're expected to work.
Try talking to the student records/registry team instead as you're transferring course not applying as a new applicant.

Depending on the modules involved there's a good chance you could swap into yr 2 of the new course.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending