The Student Room Group

Finding uni flat/course mates

Hi,
So far ive found NO ONE on my course or in my flat, has anyone been in a similar position before but when you arrived you wasnt the only one. Sounds silly but im starting to think im the only one on the course and in my flat. Also does anyone know how i can find out whos on my course or in my flat before i start?
Reply 1
Original post by Leahdominique
Hi,
So far ive found NO ONE on my course or in my flat, has anyone been in a similar position before but when you arrived you wasnt the only one. Sounds silly but im starting to think im the only one on the course and in my flat. Also does anyone know how i can find out whos on my course or in my flat before i start?

Moved to University life. :smile:

You are definitely not the only one in your flat or on your course; most students just do not bother to seek out their flatmates and people on their course (in my flat, only two of them knew of each other before arriving). Your best bet would be to join your university's Freshers group on Facebook and ask who is in your flat or on your course there. I would not bet on finding a flatmate since they might not be in the group or not see your post, but you should be able to find at least one person on your course. You could also ask who is studying your course in your university's sub-forum on TSR.

Personally, I did not know anyone in my flat or on my course when I arrived. When I got there, turns out no one was studying the same course as me in the entire house (24 people), not just in my flat (6 people, including myself). A flatmate was studying a similar course to mine, so we had two modules in common, but we hardly ever spoke and never went to lectures together. Two of my flatmates happened to be on the same course, but it was more common for a person's flatmates not to be on the same course as them than otherwise.
Thanks for your quick response. I have joined these type of groups i have found people in the same halls just not in my flat so im getting there! Guess ill just have to wait and see. Im not used to using tsr and struggle to send a simple reply😂 but ill have a look

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending