The Student Room Group

retaking a levels?

Hi,

I was a bit disappointed with my A level results last week and I know they weren't completely awful and I do have a place at university. I don't think I'd have got in with my grades if I didn't have an unconditional offer. Would it be worth redoing one of my A levels after my first year at university? Or would that even be possible?
Original post by niv1234
Hi,

I was a bit disappointed with my A level results last week and I know they weren't completely awful and I do have a place at university. I don't think I'd have got in with my grades if I didn't have an unconditional offer. Would it be worth redoing one of my A levels after my first year at university? Or would that even be possible?

If you got into uni don’t worry about it.
Original post by niv1234
Hi,

What grades, course and university?
Original post by Howie_2114
If you got into uni don’t worry about it.

Ok! Thank you!
Original post by Zaporizhia
What grades, course and university?

I got in to Birmingham to do biological sciences with study in continental Europe - that's a fancy way to say biology with German. I had an unconditional offer (I think Birmingham gives quite a lot of those out) but otherwise the course requirement would have been AAB.

I ended up getting ABB. A in German, B in biology, B in chemistry. But I did an A level early and got an A* (hopefully that still counts for something).

I know my grades this year weren't awful but I was disappointed (I was predicted quite a lot higher) and I was considering retaking biology after/during my first year at university.

I'm not really sure what I should do :/
Original post by niv1234
I got in to Birmingham to do biological sciences with study in continental Europe - that's a fancy way to say biology with German. I had an unconditional offer (I think Birmingham gives quite a lot of those out) but otherwise the course requirement would have been AAB.

I ended up getting ABB. A in German, B in biology, B in chemistry. But I did an A level early and got an A* (hopefully that still counts for something).

I know my grades this year weren't awful but I was disappointed (I was predicted quite a lot higher) and I was considering retaking biology after/during my first year at university.

I'm not really sure what I should do :/

Well, would you be happy at Birmingham? Personally, I didn't want to go there (just received my A level results of AAA) and I missed my firm offer, so I'm taking a gap year and reapplying
Well, would you be happy at Birmingham? Personally, I didn't want to go there (just received my A level results of AAA) and I missed my firm offer, so I'm taking a gap year and reapplying

Birmingham was my favourite out of the ones I'd applied for and I do want to go there. Nowhere else really does my course :/ I was more worried about jobs in the future etc.

And well done on your results! That's amazing!
Reply 7
Hi!

In your second year you probably wont even give a levels a second thought. If you really, REALLY still want to by that time, just make the decision then. For now, enjoy your new life!
Original post by niv1234
Birmingham was my favourite out of the ones I'd applied for and I do want to go there. Nowhere else really does my course :/ I was more worried about jobs in the future etc.

And well done on your results! That's amazing!

Thanks:smile:, you did well too! I wouldn't suggest resitting if you're 100% happy with the course, only if you wanted to reapply next year, as I'm sure you'll be pretty busy at uni
Original post by Rebeking
Hi!

In your second year you probably wont even give a levels a second thought. If you really, REALLY still want to by that time, just make the decision then. For now, enjoy your new life!

Ok thank you! That sounds like a good idea and I hope so :smile:
Thanks:smile:, you did well too! I wouldn't suggest resitting if you're 100% happy with the course, only if you wanted to reapply next year, as I'm sure you'll be pretty busy at uni

Thanks! And yeah I'll probably be really busy so that makes sense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending