Reply 21
Original post by CTLeafez

(Original post by CTLeafez)That's quite funny :P

Police: "We know you're a spy..."
Nan: "About timeeeeee! ...Now would you like some food, dear?"
*Police leave house 50st fatter* :biggrin:

Great haha
Original post by Trinculo
I am very surprised that this is even controversial, but I suppose this is Corbyn's Britain.

Tory voter myself tbh
Reply 22

(Original post by CTLeafez)That's quite funny :P

Police: "We know you're a spy..."
Nan: "About timeeeeee! ...Now would you like some food, dear?"
*Police leave house 50st fatter* :biggrin:

Great haha
Original post by Trinculo
I am very surprised that this is even controversial, but I suppose this is Corbyn's Britain.

Tory voter myself tbh
These 90+ year old SS guards do need to be punished, but maybe having what are essentially 'show trials' and then sending them to prison for 5 odd years before they pop their clogs doesn't seem like the most suitable punishment...

How about when these chaps die, their estate is confiscated by the state, sold and redistributed to help Holocaust Charities? If this 95 year old is truly still a loyal Nazi, all his life's work going towards helping "sub-humans" would certainly be worse than having a cosy prison cell and full healthcare until his not too distant death.

I like this idea..
Reply 23
Heading out for a while won’t be able to reply sorry
I get the impression 99.99% of us are far too young to be saying how the SS should and shouldn't be punished.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

You do realise new laws were made up for Nuremberg? It was a show trial and an absolute farce. What moral choice do you suppose was available to this man?
Original post by Underscore__
You do realise new laws were made up for Nuremberg? It was a show trial and an absolute farce. What moral choice do you suppose was available to this man?

Refusing to take part. You always have the choice to refuse. It may put you in danger but still, show some backbone.
Refusing to take part. You always have the choice to refuse. It may put you in danger but still, show some backbone.

So you think he should have allowed himself to be killed? If that’s your way of looking at it then he did the right thing; he would likely have been killed 70 years ago if he was insubordinate. It’s likely that he would have had the choice to not join however the Poles who were not seen to be Nazi supporters were not treated too well and it’s perfectly feasible that he didn’t fully understand what he was signing up for when he was 20 years old
Equally as feasible he reveled in it since we're speculating.

"Show some backbone" and your entire family will be sent to a concentration camp and/or killed.
(edited 5 years ago)
So you think he should have allowed himself to be killed? If that’s your way of looking at it then he did the right thing; he would likely have been killed 70 years ago if he was insubordinate. It’s likely that he would have had the choice to not join however the Poles who were not seen to be Nazi supporters were not treated too well and it’s perfectly feasible that he didn’t fully understand what he was signing up for when he was 20 years old

I think if he didn't support what they were doing he should have taken a stand. Others did, others of his age - Sophie Scholl for instance and her last words are still as true as they ever were

"How can we expect righteousness to prevail when there is hardly anyone willing to give himself up individually to a righteous cause? Such a fine, sunny day, and I have to go, but what does my death matter, if through us, thousands of people are awakened and stirred to action?"

Original post by Stalin
"Show some backbone" and your entire family will be sent to a concentration camp and/or killed.

So be complicit in genocide? **** that for a game of soldiers. "I was just following orders" is not a defence and never should be, you can't pass culpability because you didn't give the order.
So be complicit in genocide? **** that for a game of soldiers. "I was just following orders" is not a defence and never should be, you can't pass culpability because you didn't give the order.

I think it’s very easy for you to sit in comfort and say that people should die for what’s right. I wonder how you would respond to being told to kill people or have yourself and your family killed. Luckily you live in a world where you’ll likely never be faced with such a choice
(edited 5 years ago)
I think it’s very easy for you to sit in comfort and say that people should die for what’s right. I wonder how you would respond to being told to kill people or have yourself and your family killed. Luckily you live in a world where you’ll likely never be faced with such a choice

Given I've never really given a **** about living, yeah I'd speak out and object. Lets not forget as well this country celebrates those who did voluntarily give their lives for what is right (Remembrance Day). Blokes complicit in one of the most monstrous things in human history, his motivations for being so mean jack ****.
Given I've never really given a **** about living, yeah I'd speak out and object. Lets not forget as well this country celebrates those who did voluntarily give their lives for what is right (Remembrance Day). Blokes complicit in one of the most monstrous things in human history, his motivations for being so mean jack ****.

Well then I feel sorry for you but the it’s incredibly difficult for the average person to put themselves in that position of considering how they would act if their life and their family lives were being threatened.

Yes, we celebrate those people who were incredibly brave to give up their lives for what was right. The reason they are celebrated is because they went above and beyond what we expect of people. In law you can use the defence of ‘it was kill or be killed’ and it’s a completely reasonable defence.
Good. No sympathy.

Go to Germany or Poland or Czechia and visit a camp. Sachsenhausen, just outside Berlin, Dachau, Buchenwald, Ravensbrück, Auschwitz, Mauthausen, etc. etc.

There are also plenty of movies made in the 40s and 50s, and documentaries.

Stand in a cold November rain in the open in a camp, waiting for hours for an escaped prisoner being brought back, watching friends keel over.

Then tell them it's unfair to punish the guard...
He shouldn't be punished because he's managed for hide for many years? Get away with you, seriously. Why should old age or illness exempt someone from justice? His victims didn't receive any kindness and he's lived a much better and longer life than he deserved.
He might not be anymore guilty than the those who guarded American internment camps. Remember that Auschwitz accountant what did he actually do wrong? Did he know it was a death camp (not that it actually is)

The Holocaust is the greatest fraud in human history so it's no surprise there has never been any freedom for scholars to debate this without painful repercussions.

They'll be digging up dead Germans next putting them on trial.

How do we know six million Jews died when

1. Look at most demographics, Jews aren't even listed as a racial or ethnic groups so all we know of Jewish populations are what Jewish leaders tell us.

2. Who is a Jew?

3. Israel (over six million Jews there) and America is full of Jews, many who are descendants of Holocaust survivors.

That's a lot of fking Holocaust survivors to say the least.

You actually have so called Holocaust survivors on TV boasting how they survived several death camps.

:colonhash:
Reply 37
Whilst I feel little sympathy for any former SS soldiers I fail to see what possible benefit this action could have to anyone as opposed to coming off as spiteful and vindictive and to be perfectly honest petty.
Reply 38
Original post by AllViewsMatter
He might not be anymore guilty than the those who guarded American internment camps. Remember that Auschwitz accountant what did he actually do wrong? Did he know it was a death camp (not that it actually is)

The Holocaust is the greatest fraud in human history so it's no surprise there has never been any freedom for scholars to debate this without painful repercussions.

They'll be digging up dead Germans next putting them on trial.

How do we know six million Jews died when

1. Look at most demographics, Jews aren't even listed as a racial or ethnic groups so all we know of Jewish populations are what Jewish leaders tell us.

2. Who is a Jew?

3. Israel (over six million Jews there) and America is full of Jews, many who are descendants of Holocaust survivors.

That's a lot of fking Holocaust survivors to say the least.

You actually have so called Holocaust survivors on TV boasting how they survived several death camps.

:colonhash:

Uh oh my thread has been contaminated by nutters
In law you can use the defence of ‘it was kill or be killed’ and it’s a completely reasonable defence.

There is a world of difference between self-defence and carrying out genocidal activities...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending