Umar.Khalid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Second year is about to start and I was just given permission to change the topic for my coursework. Originally I had sent in a very basic topic related to U.S conflicts however back when I had originally sent that in I was going through some things and didn't see importance in trying for the coursework. Now that I've gotton back on track and been given permission to change my topic I am now stumped on what my question should be because I need to obviously find sources (books and whatnot) and I need to make a timeline that directly relates to the topic and years I selected.
As my new topic I am fully set on doing Russia as its a general topic that I have always been really interested in but I really need some help on what question I should pose for my topic proposal.

This is the criteria I must meet in my written proposal:

1. What topic I want to do
2. A timeline that includes something relevant in each decade covered
3. 5 Academic books which cover the topic
4. 3 Primary sources
5. Any Historian debates on the topic

I can handle all of this once I work out what I want to do as a question, so please peeps pose some questions you reckon could work related to Russia. The question is usualy formatted in a way such as this -> "Russias international relations only changed with the United States due to military fears between 2039-2139, to what extent is this true".

Really look foward to seeing your replies .
Gus_4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did:

How important was the personality of the Tsar to the revolutionary nature of Russia between 1820 and 1917?

This spans 100 years and there are plenty of sources and historical interpretations
Umar.Khalid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Gus_4)
I did:

How important was the personality of the Tsar to the revolutionary nature of Russia between 1820 and 1917?

This spans 100 years and there are plenty of sources and historical interpretations
The way my teacher explained the whole historian interpretations was that they are like any views on the topic i chose. A friend of mine however said for the historian interpretations you have to basically find historians that have contrasting opinions? do you think it would be possilble for you to explain what you ended up having to do with the interpretations.
Gus_4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I used 3 main interpretations with contrasting views and then talked about their validity, however, there is no need to compare them to each other. Treat them as seperate sources.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate