The Student Room Group

Period 2 weeks late, what's going on?

So my period has been 2 weeks late, and ive had period like cramps for the past 3 weeks. It's so bad at times I can't fall asleep quickly. I have thrown up 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I'm on the 46th day of my cycle, longest I've ever gone.

Few days ago I woke up with a sore throat which has now turned into a nasty cold. I feel so ill, no period and now this.

I had gone to a&e where they tested me for pregnancy, and I was negative.

I had sharp pain on my left abdomen today. I keep thinking I'm coming on, but nothing, I've given up waiting. Could this be something more serious? I've been trying to get an appointment with the doctors but everything's fully booked. I can't seem to get myself to find a slot for an ultrasound to see what's really going on.

Any advice will be useful. Thanks!
Reply 1
Could the pain actually be intestinal? It may not be, but personally, I have had IBS which presented itself like period-like pains. The weird warmth feeling, and the cramps. Have you been doing well in that department?

How about ringing a GP in in the morning--literally the minute the lines open-- for the emergency appointments they usually have? Do you perhaps have a walk-in centre nearby?

Also, it might be worth going to a sexual health clinic if all else fails, as they could give you at least a little bit of help.
Reply 2
Original post by cuppa
Could the pain actually be intestinal? It may not be, but personally, I have had IBS which presented itself like period-like pains. The weird warmth feeling, and the cramps. Have you been doing well in that department?

How about ringing a GP in in the morning--literally the minute the lines open-- for the emergency appointments they usually have? Do you perhaps have a walk-in centre nearby?

Also, it might be worth going to a sexual health clinic if all else fails, as they could give you at least a little bit of help.

The pain seems to be like normal period cramps, I'm not sure if it could be IBS. I feel like I've been on my period for more than 2 weeks but with no blood.

I had called the gp this morning, they said they had nothing available. I will try calling again tomorrow. But I feel like it'll be a very long process to actually figure out what the problem is.

We have a sexual health centre here which I used to go to, I might try going to that, but the last time I went they weren't much of a help. I've honestly given up on these services because a few months ago I had irregular blood discharge between my periods and really bad cramps, but they found nothing. I'm feeling like the same will happen again. I'll give it second try regardless. Thanks!
Reply 3
I have IBS and it can feel like the start of my period for weeks. It is also one of those things they don't diagnose without a few tests and it takes a lot to get the tests. If Buscopan helps the pain is probably abdominal and intestinal.

Quick Reply

Latest