NatWest student account Watch

Jjcol
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have been going through a financial rollercoaster when trying to set up a student account with NatWest. I have applied 3 times in the past month. The first time, I went into my local branch and applied with a branch assistant, the assistant said it would take up to 5 working days to receive a conformation email for me to then bring into branch along with identification to finalise the application. This email never came... after waiting a week, I decided to come into branch and they said nothing could be done, so the week after set one up online... again, 1 week of waiting for a pissing email. So I then decided to call them NatWest up about it, again, they can't see an application linked to my account and the email shouldn't even take 5 days to be received, it apparently sends either instantly or 1-2 days on average. 2 day ago I decided to make another one, still no email. I'm on wits end and I'm struggling with finances as I have a house to maintain and a child.

What do I do?! Halp 😢
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jjcol)
I have been going through a financial rollercoaster when trying to set up a student account with NatWest. I have applied 3 times in the past month. The first time, I went into my local branch and applied with a branch assistant, the assistant said it would take up to 5 working days to receive a conformation email for me to then bring into branch along with identification to finalise the application. This email never came... after waiting a week, I decided to come into branch and they said nothing could be done, so the week after set one up online... again, 1 week of waiting for a pissing email. So I then decided to call them NatWest up about it, again, they can't see an application linked to my account and the email shouldn't even take 5 days to be received, it apparently sends either instantly or 1-2 days on average. 2 day ago I decided to make another one, still no email. I'm on wits end and I'm struggling with finances as I have a house to maintain and a child.

What do I do?! Halp 😢
Sounds odd.

Any possibility of you opening up an account with another bank? The only other option would be to keep on pestering NatWest, or go to another NW branch and open an account to see if they're any more competent
politicalw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jjcol)

What do I do?! Halp 😢
If its any consolation, I am having the very same issue.

I spoke to the customer service team dealing with the opening of current accounts and the operator informed me that they are receiving "a number" of calls related to this issue.

The cause of the issue appears to be the team dealing with the applications. NatWest has outsourced the applications to a third party, who is clearly struggling to deal with the sheer volume of applications. A case of over promise and under deliver.

Let us hope they resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (70)
15.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.02%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (82)
18.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
13.9%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (47)
10.71%
How can I be the best version of myself? (135)
30.75%

Watched Threads