BansheeRunner14
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone have any advice on how I can prepare physically, mentally and emotionally for Sixth Form? I'm quite anxious about it, and I'm not sure what I can do to help relax and prepare myself so I'm not stressed out. Any advice, tips or 'hacks' would be really helpful! x
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Literally start revising early on. I don't want to scare you but unless you're pretty damn smart, A-Levels are hard and last minute revision is going to kill you. I started revising in April and that was the biggest mistake I ever made (still got into my firm) but please start revising early on.

But seriously??? Have some fun
coralkathleen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have fun, bring your own mug in to use in the common room as it will make free periods so much better.

Have lots of folders. I remember so many teachers saying to use the big binders but I honestly found single binders so much easier.
For example in drama we are recommended to have 3 big folders - 1 for component 1, another for component 2 and another for component 3.
I have instead have split it into: portfolio, script/monologue, study play 1, study play 2, performance review. These 5 smaller folders are much more organised and detailed in their divisions and it makes my life so much easier!!

Also date your work as that is what really threw me with my notes is that I couldn't always work out their order. I now use a laptop for VI so it automatically dates my work but trust me, sixth form is 10 times easier if you are organised

Lastly, don't be afraid to ask for help with coursework - I didn't for some of my subjects and I really regret it.

Coral xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (29)
28.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.9%
No I am happy with my choice (56)
55.45%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.94%

Watched Threads