Ioana.Alecsandru
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there,
I applied at London Met ( architecture) and I have to take an english exam. Does anyone know if the test is like IELTS or how it is?
thanks
London Met Uni students
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Ioana.Alecsandru

Hope you are well?

My name is Hasnai and I am the London Met student rep and I will do my best to help you.

The english test is at GCSE english level so it is not similar to IELTS you can use BBC Bitesize to help you practice it really helped me when I was studying from my GCSE's.

The test takes about 1 hour 45 minutes, you can book your place for the test here if you have not done so already.

I hope this helps Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any more questions let me know how it goes.

Good luck!! Hasnai
Ioana.Alecsandru
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, do you know if the tests depends of domains where we are applying?
I applied at Architecture and I suppose to take the english exam and I have no clue about how it would be. I am not pretty sure that themes and literature would be a subject. That would be weird.
What do you think?
London Met Uni students
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello Ioana.Alecsandru

No, the test is a GCSE equivalent test to assess you on your level of English.

If you have a look at BBC Bitesize this will help you with studying for the test.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes

Hasnai
biancapop94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by London Met Uni students)
Hi Ioana.Alecsandru

Hope you are well?

My name is Hasnai and I am the London Met student rep and I will do my best to help you.

The english test is at GCSE english level so it is not similar to IELTS you can use BBC Bitesize to help you practice it really helped me when I was studying from my GCSE's.

The test takes about 1 hour 45 minutes, you can book your place for the test here if you have not done so already.

I hope this helps Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any more questions let me know how it goes.

Good luck!! Hasnai
Hi Hasnai ,

My name is Bianca . I've been to the english test today . Would you be able to PM me so we could talk about it ? As something happened and I am unsure of the results . An advice on the situation will be great . Thank you
Kanu16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by London Met Uni students)
Hi Ioana.Alecsandru

Hope you are well?

Good luck!! Hasnai
Can u tell me about exam.format??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads