The Student Room Group

Foundation year, drama school, international student?

Hi! I intend to audition for drama schools and universities next year but I have a huge question that has been bugging me and I can't seem to find the answer to. I'm an international student and I realise I need to take a foundation year, that's one of the requirements I found in some websites for people coming from my country. However, most of the drama schools I looked at aren't able to sponsor a student visa for students that come from outside the UK/EU, but most of them also don't say anything about the international foundation year (every university does, I don't think I've seen it in any drama school website). I wonder if the international foundation year isn't mandatory for drama schools like it is for universities, can anyone here answer that? Because that made me think maybe it isn't, but I don't want to get anything wrong and it can't seem to find the answer anywhere else.
Original post by davinamcalister
Hi! I intend to audition for drama schools and universities next year but I have a huge question that has been bugging me and I can't seem to find the answer to. I'm an international student and I realise I need to take a foundation year, that's one of the requirements I found in some websites for people coming from my country. However, most of the drama schools I looked at aren't able to sponsor a student visa for students that come from outside the UK/EU, but most of them also don't say anything about the international foundation year (every university does, I don't think I've seen it in any drama school website). I wonder if the international foundation year isn't mandatory for drama schools like it is for universities, can anyone here answer that? Because that made me think maybe it isn't, but I don't want to get anything wrong and it can't seem to find the answer anywhere else.

I've not heard of a drama school requiring a foundation year. Which country are you from?
Original post by ageshallnot
I've not heard of a drama school requiring a foundation year. Which country are you from?

Universities do, at least the ones I saw, so I assumed drama schools did as well. They have foundation years but most of the ones I've seen, can't sponsor a student visa for the foundation year so it was very confusing for me. I'm from Brazil.
I think your assumption is wrong, but your best bet is to contact the drama schools direct.

Ah, I believe that most UK unis don't accept standard Brazilian school qualifications?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending