The Student Room Group

Made a fake profile to stalk him

Hello,
I met a guy online last summer -not on a dating site. We kinda developed feelings towards each other and we'd like to meet irl when we can.
I am usually the one to initiate convos. If he writes me first he just sends "hi, what's up' and that's it. I find it a bit strange so i start asking questions,sharing stuff and he's responsive.
He can be very lovely, and then turns out distant/harsh/cold. Which makes me anxious, so i start to send him many messages which he ignores for a while and then answers. I know, very wrong to do that. He accuses me of exagerating things, and being clingy.
Anyway. I made a fake profile on the site we met, and managed to know my identity. I messaged him once or twice there and he sent me a link "difference between clingy ad caring" lol. Then i contacted him on whatsapp and he said he did't want me to write him. But when i told him i will delete him from everywhere cause i will keep on contacting him, he replied and asked me what's my goal,why i have a clingy behaviour, why i made that profile bla bla. We were supposed to talk the next day cause it was late, he didn't messaged me. I did, and i asked him why he blocked my real profile on that site. "I didn't block you what are u on about, i just unfriended u. You like exagarating things don't u? And dramatization". Well he blocked me there and on fb messenger and on another social media, but not on whatsapp. We agreed on talking after he is done with a check up exam at his work on thursday. I wrote him yesterday and today, he's barelyyyy answering.

How am i supposed to behave? What should i explain to him ? Is making a fake profile really that bad? How should i justify it?

I made it because i wanted to compare the way he talks with me and with others. To see if i am indeed a friend as he claims, cause it feels like he can replace me by X or Y.

Obviously i tried to make it short... so some important details might be missing. Let me know if you have any questions and loads of thank

Scroll to see replies

You need to Stop. This isn't healthy in the slightest.
Reply 2
Okay, but how should I act after that? and how can i justify makig a fake profile in a way that doesn't hurt him or freak him out?
I've been there done that when I was 15 worst mistake of my life lol. Nah making a fake account is creepy but most teenagers do do that I never did that, but my friends did in order to stalk their crush. It's fine but I think the clingy behaviour is annoying him if you want this relationship to work, you've got to be really chill, and pretend like you don't care, don't initiate a convo make sure he initiates first, you need to give him space I know it may seem hard but you can do it! just busy yourself and hang out with friends, talk to other people, do something to occupy your mind. He probably sees you as desperate and that annoys many dudes, you've got to act nonchalant to show that you aren't desperate regardless of how you feel deep down. Stop texting him, and wait until he texts you back, if you bombard him with texts it'll only drive him away from you.
How did he know it was you? Just block/delete him from everything and move on. If you have to make a fake profile to check up on him, then it's over.
What you are doing is just plain wrong
He is right, you are clingy and exhibiting stalking behaviour
Of course he is disturbed by your behaviour.
He doesnโ€™t want to be in contact now thatโ€™s why heโ€™s blocked you
You cannot excuse what you did. It is wrong
Leave him alone before you end up in serious trouble
Reply 6
He accused you of being clingy so you made a fake profile to stalk him, that's one way to prove his point.

Just move on, he doesn't want anything to do with you.
Making a fake profile is kind of out of order really and is what they call " psycho girlfriend" behaviour. Honestly you can't expect someone to be warm and loving 24/7, he is a human after all. Making a fake account is weird and has likely damaged his trust in you. You have to understand that in an online relationship you don't know who that person is so as soon as they behave weirdly it's kind of freaky if you get me. Your relationship does not sound healthy at all so I would just end it. Online relationships hardly ever work out.
Thank you all for your answers!

But, what if he's done something that lead me to stalk him?
And, how can I explain myself in a "mature" way, without sounding like i'm accusing him?
We still have each other on whatsapp. He has an exam today, so I won't text him until he texts me. then we'll talk about that.

Also, why did he pretend that he didn't block me? and then blame me of inventing stuff

there was a site.. we didn't have each other as friends. he blocked me some day, and when i found him and was gonna add him, i realized that he blocked me, faced him, and he denied as well... hurtful
And, why does he block me on facebook messenger, two other sites, but not whatsapp? i wonder what it means
before this incident, i made a couchsurfing account, and you know, we can link to facebook so i saw he has one as well. i checked it for a while,and noticed he's active very early in the morning, and then 3 to 6 times the rest of day. Another girl is online at the same times, so they're in contact.
he never answered me early in the morning before he goes to work... he never wrote me that much
+ that girl isn't a friend, just a traveller probably asking for info (he can't host) so why is he in contact with her for that long (been 2 weeks maybe) and with that frequency
Original post by Anonymous
And, why does he block me on facebook messenger, two other sites, but not whatsapp? i wonder what it means
before this incident, i made a couchsurfing account, and you know, we can link to facebook so i saw he has one as well. i checked it for a while,and noticed he's active very early in the morning, and then 3 to 6 times the rest of day. Another girl is online at the same times, so they're in contact.
he never answered me early in the morning before he goes to work... he never wrote me that much
+ that girl isn't a friend, just a traveller probably asking for info (he can't host) so why is he in contact with her for that long (been 2 weeks maybe) and with that frequency

have you considered that he blocked you, doesn't message you, is cold etc when you do message because he doesn't like you?

What you did would have been a dealbreaker for a lot of people. He said you were clingy, and so you made a fake profile to bypass it. He found out. He probably thinks you're a psycho.

Just move on. If he messages you, great. If not, just leave him alone.
I feel uncomfy.
Trust me Ino you sound psycho but I can completely understand where your coming from in a way because I feel as young girls especially if there is some issues such as low confidence or self esteem or struggles with connecting with people etc it is easy to cling to someone who shows you some attention and read way too far ahead into things. hence then why every little thing such as him not talkin much some days can make u feel insecure. The problem here isn't the guy. You need to take some time to really look into why you feel so hurt and in a way obsessed with this individual even after multiple rejections from him and him insulting you. No one is worth your time if they aren't willing to give the same back. If he doesn't message you or doesn't respond in a way you feel he should then don't message him. The question shouldn't be why isn't he messaging me and what can I say to make him like me or message me the question should be why am I concerned with someone who I feel is not interested and over analysing this to try and come up with some big reason as to why. He's just not interested in you and that's fine. Yeah it might be a bit sh*t if u like the guy but you will live. The best thing for you to do is to just block and delete him from everything and cease all contact. Put your energy into people who want to be there for you and work on your sense of self worth or confidence so you can get to a stage where you don't tolerate people who are great then all of a sudden blunt etc. Hope this helps

He isnโ€™t worth the stress. If he messages you again, Iโ€™d suggest apologising and moving on. There are plenty of great people in the world. Just use this time to reflect on your actions and grow as an individual. Hope that helps! :smile:

He is allowed to talk to who he wants. It is not your business
he talks to her because he likes her.
Without sending you a message saying go away and leave him alone there is not much else he can do
you are obsessed
hes blocked you. He doesnโ€™t want to talk to you.
There is nothing you can say to justify stalking him. Nothing. You are wrong and it is inexcusable
just leave him alone!
Leave him alone. Your behaviour is creepy and you're being a stalker. He's done nothing to deserve this, it's all on you. Stop.

I think I would block you as well, what you are doing is immature and creepy, leave him alone and move on.
As others said, the way your acting is not reasonable so there isn't going to be a reasonable way to explain it to him. Whatever his reasons for being distant you've just upgraded them to hyper-distant, i'd block someone that was pestering me relentlessly as well, and iIwouldn't feel too obligated to explain myself, certainly not at the time.

Quick Reply

Latest