ange.1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm sitting my gcse's this coming year (2019) and i want to know how to start studying and pass. I most likely won't have a problem with pe, business, english and math. However i'm worried about the sciences, history and FRENCH. i want to know how best to study for those subjects (or just in general)
in.oubliable
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the sciences I’d say make your resources from now!!!! As you learn and solidify your knowledge, make revision materials: whether that’s notes or flash cards both paper/on quizlet. Make sure you go back and revise or even just read over your notes so by the time of your mocks and GCSEs you’ll be very familiar with them
in.oubliable
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also for the sciences I’d say to ask your teachers for questions on topics you find tricky and learn the specimen papers and mark schemes (this is more towards your mocks)
in.oubliable
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For French, what really helped me was a variety of things. I would remember key words and phrases that were of a high level (grade 8/9) and try put them into every single piece of work I did. For example the si clause is 8/9 and really makes your work stand out. Generally I remember the vocab quite quickly and easily and that helps to boost your grade so use things like Memrise, quizlet and Duolingo that have premade vocab lists for the gcse specification already. When doing your essays, make sure to have a checklist of the things you should include. For example; past (imperfect, perfect), future, conditional, idioms, subjunctive etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?