The Student Room Group
Original post by Anonymous
im 14 years old, and im 5 ft 2, but i want to be 5 ft 6 at minimum... do you think its possible? Do you have any advice onto boosting growth by any chance?

It's genetic so if your parents are taller then you might grow more.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's genetic so if your parents are taller then you might grow more.

my parents are at decent height, my mum is 170cm and my dad is 175cm...
my parents are at decent height, my mum is 170cm and my dad is 175cm...

You might grow a couple more inches.
have you started your period?
if you are 14 you show grow a few more inches
Reply 5
Original post by justanotherchica
have you started your period?
if you are 14 you show grow a few more inches

yes i have
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
You might grow a couple more inches.

i hope so... all my friends are taller than me, and i get picked on all the time
Reply 7
Try to eat well and healthily I guess :smile: I don't know if you'd grow /that/ much if you're already 14 but who knows - people develop in different ways. It's not like you're required to an a certain height anyway - try to be comfortable with yourself however you are! My best friend is 5'1" haha and we're both 17. I'm about 5'7" I think. As DrawTheLine said, it's largely genetic
Reply 8
Original post by Pajora
Try to eat well and healthily I guess :smile: I don't know if you'd grow /that/ much if you're already 14 but who knows - people develop in different ways. It's not like you're required to an a certain height anyway - try to be comfortable with yourself however you are! My best friend is 5'1" haha and we're both 17. I'm about 5'7" I think. As DrawTheLine said, it's largely genetic

thanks
you will grow 2-3 inches more most likely, but some people have a grwoth spurt
Why would you want to be taller, as a girl?

I'm 5'2", and it's great. I can buy kids shirts, and some guys like a girl that makes them look tall.

My parents are from Yorkshire and Northern Ireland, but we live in the south, so It's really magnified lol.

Also, I can hem things that are too long, you can't stretch things that are too shot.
Original post by justanotherchica
you will grow 2-3 inches more most likely, but some people have a grwoth spurt

i had one in the winter holidays, i grew 6 cm... i had one the year before during the same time too
Original post by vicvic38

I'm 5'2", and it's great. I can buy kids shirts, and some guys like a girl that makes them look tall.

My parents are from Yorkshire and Northern Ireland, but we live in the south, so It's really magnified lol.

Also, I can hem things that are too long, you can't stretch things that are too shot.

Original post by vicvic38

the thing is , i live in south london... and everyone on average is 165cm and over... so i want to be at least 170cm ( 5ft6 as my ideal)
i hope so... all my friends are taller than me, and i get picked on all the time

same here I'm the same age and I'm the shortest of all my friends my mum is just about the average height for her age and I am the same height as her now but my dad is slightly taller than average I'm still hopeful I will grow taller because of my dad's height but we just gotta wait it out
the thing is , i live in south london... and everyone on average is 165cm and over... so i want to be at least 170cm ( 5ft6 as my ideal)

That's the same with me, everyone around me is about that.

Why on earth would you want to be like everyone else? I've never heard anyone say that being slightly shorter than average as a woman is a bad thing.
Original post by KindaPsychoTurtl
same here I'm the same age and I'm the shortest of all my friends my mum is just about the average height for her age and I am the same height as her now but my dad is slightly taller than average I'm still hopeful I will grow taller because of my dad's height but we just gotta wait it out

same here, not trying to be offensive or anything, but how old are you? are you still growing
same here, not trying to be offensive or anything, but how old are you? are you still growing

I'm 14 the same as the person who made this thread and I'm still growing
Original post by KindaPsychoTurtl
I'm 14 the same as the person who made this thread and I'm still growing

yh same here, i did this exercise and i practiced really hard... my mum said to drink alot of water, and at least 2 glasses of milk per day. not only that it is better to eat lean protiens such as fish and so on...

Latest