The Student Room Group

HELP! Anxiety yes or no?

How can I check if I have anxiety without going to my GP first?

Since the last few months I feel like I worry a lot and kinda have a “overthinking disorder!”. I worry about everyone etc.
And first I thought it may just be do the wait for Alevel results-which is now over with. But I still feel uneasy and worrying about others and little things.
Especially when I get into bed my thoughts wonder of and I begin to get upset and worried!
I worry about uni and whether I’ll manage!
I worry about how life will be like for me in the future.
I worry about how I’ll be catching a bus to and from uni (as I’ve never catched one on my own and don’t like public transport!)
I worry that I may fail my course and disappoint everyone!
I worry that now I’ve left my 2 favourite teacher who always supported me and helped me and gave the best of advice-how will I manage at uni? When I need advice etc? (Even though I still keep in touch with one of them!)

Any advice would be great.
In all honesty, go and see a doctor. Personally, my anxiety and depression have been largely managed through doctor intervention and through a CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) regimen. I have found it to be so useful in rationalising things, even if I have had to turn to antidepressant medication to finally get a large part of it under control.
Even if it is just for a few months, maybe see if antidepressants such as Fluoxetine will work for you. From what I can tell, you seem fairly rational and therefore may not be able to fully utilise CBT. Antidepressants can act as a good suppressor for these thoughts and emotions, but remember it is all down to you! :smile:
But yeah, go speak to a medical professional for sure!
Best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending