How difficult is it to get into graduate entry dentistry Watch

username4215144
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Since I'm studying biomedical sciences the idea of pursuing a degree in dentistry is really intriguing. I was wondering how difficult it is to get in compared to GEM? Also whether it's even worth pursuing?
DentApp13
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it's something you want to do, it's definitely worth persuing. I did Dental Materials and am now studying Dentistry but majority of other graduates on my course did Biomed. A good UKCAT score and relevant work experience would put you in a good position. I would say medicine and Dentistry both have relatively similar chances to get into as a graduate. It also depends if you were to be looking for 4 year courses (accelerated) as opposed to 5 year ones. The key difference between the two other than the length is the amount of funding you can get. Also there are not as many 4 year graduate dentistry courses.
username4215144
Rep:
?
(Original post by DentApp13)
If it's something you want to do, it's definitely worth persuing. I did Dental Materials and am now studying Dentistry but majority of other graduates on my course did Biomed. A good UKCAT score and relevant work experience would put you in a good position. I would say medicine and Dentistry both have relatively similar chances to get into as a graduate. It also depends if you were to be looking for 4 year courses (accelerated) as opposed to 5 year ones. The key difference between the two other than the length is the amount of funding you can get. Also there are not as many 4 year graduate dentistry courses.
I would really like to do it but there seems to be 3 graduate 4 year courses in the UK. I definately wouldn't be able to afford the 5 year course. Does applying as a graduate still require good a levels?
DentApp13
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by srt565)
I would really like to do it but there seems to be 3 graduate 4 year courses in the UK. I definately wouldn't be able to afford the 5 year course. Does applying as a graduate still require good a levels?
Please check on the university websites for current requirements but just had a brief look for the graduate entry courses. Liverpool require ABB at A-level. UCLan require CCC. Not sure on what Kings or Aberdeen require for A-level. If in doubt about whether you meet their entry, just ring up the unis and they should be able to give more details.
username4215144
Rep:
?
(Original post by DentApp13)
Please check on the university websites for current requirements but just had a brief look for the graduate entry courses. Liverpool require ABB at A-level. UCLan require CCC. Not sure on what Kings or Aberdeen require for A-level. If in doubt about whether you meet their entry, just ring up the unis and they should be able to give more details.
It's just that I have offers now for biomed but Im not sure whether to resit and then go next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads