How would you feel if your best friend called your boyfriend ugly behind your back

Watch
jaeleman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My friend (A) was saying some not very nice things to me about the boyfriend of another friend (M), one of them things being that he was ugly. I'm not sure whether to tell M or not as I don't want to damage their friendship, but I think I would want to know if I were M. There has been a lot of times I have thought that A was a bit of a fake friend, so this is not a one off. My question is - would you want to know if your best friend called your boyfriend ugly, and how would you feel about it? Would you still want to be friends with them?
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not a particularly nice thing to say about someone behind their back....

But what does it actually matter what someone else thinks of another person's boyfriend? As long as the girlfriend finds him attractive, it really doesn't matter, unless the girlfriend is literally going out with him as a trophy :P Everyone has their own tastes and it seems your two friends have differing tastes.

I had a girlfriend a couple years ago who I really liked. I found her cute and attractive but my friends thought she was a little on the tubby side. I didn't fall out with my friends, we all have different tastes. They aren't the ones going out with her so it doesn't affect them how attractive/unattractive my girlfriend may have been in their perspective.

There's literally nothing but drama and upset to be gained by telling your friend that other friends are chatting about her boyfriend.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Does it matter?

I thought it was entirely normal to comment on the attractiveness of a mate's girlfriend/boyfriend. Positive or negative. And my female friends do it too.

In my group, we usually say it to their face as well, and even then no one cares. I wouldn't worry about it.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't mind - after all he is my boyfriend, not my friend's! As long as they weren't nasty about it, they are entitled to their opinion. Looks are only one thing anyway, as long as they like him as a person!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (24)
17.65%
I'm not sure (3)
2.21%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (45)
33.09%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.21%
I'm not a current university student (61)
44.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed