The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day

Can someone who has already experienced GCSE Results day talk me through everything that happened on the day cause im getting my results tomorrow and I am so scared :frown:.
Do your teachers find out before you?
if so do they hint at anything before you actually open your results?
Where did you open them in school or at home?
what was inside the envelope?
What time did you have to collect it and when was it busiest?
Do teachers ask you what you got are they persistent or do they leave you alone?
THANKS
(its 2AM and I can't sleep...)
Hey, it’s totally fine!

Your school know the day before you do, yes. So teachers will likely know the grades of their students.

Teachers aren’t going to pester you for your results, but they may ask how you did, if you’re happy, next steps etc. But if that’s a concern, you can collect your envelope and leave. You don’t have to speak to anyone if you don’t wish.

I opened mine in school, so I could speak to the head of sixth form and confirm where I was going and what courses I was doing. But it’s totally up to you, you can leave and chose to email them later.
Reply 2
Original post by FloralHybrid
Hey, it’s totally fine!

Your school know the day before you do, yes. So teachers will likely know the grades of their students.

Teachers aren’t going to pester you for your results, but they may ask how you did, if you’re happy, next steps etc. But if that’s a concern, you can collect your envelope and leave. You don’t have to speak to anyone if you don’t wish.

I opened mine in school, so I could speak to the head of sixth form and confirm where I was going and what courses I was doing. But it’s totally up to you, you can leave and chose to email them later.

When was it the most busiest was there loads of students during the opening time or near the closing time
Original post by Yn1602
When was it the most busiest was there loads of students during the opening time or near the closing time

It varies.

I’ve always gone at the earliest time, and it’s been fairly busy. Which actually, is a good thing. It means the teachers are focused on others and you can keep to yourself if you wish.

But seriously, don’t stress. You don’t have to owe anyone an explanation. If you want to walk in, get your envelope and walk out again, that’s fine. People choose to.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
It varies.

I’ve always gone at the earliest time, and it’s been fairly busy. Which actually, is a good thing. It means the teachers are focused on others and you can keep to yourself if you wish.

But seriously, don’t stress. You don’t have to owe anyone an explanation. If you want to walk in, get your envelope and walk out again, that’s fine. People choose to.

Ok thank you.
What grades did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Yn1602
Ok thank you.
What grades did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all!

I got 6 A*/A’s, 4B’s and 1C.

Not your typical TSR “am I good enough for Oxford” applicant (😂) but, I was more than content.
Reply 6
Your school will tell you what time to come in, and where to go - usually a sports hall at school, for my college it's a room next to the reception desk.

You go in and show your ID, and they will hand you an envelope. At big schools they will have a desk for each letter in the alphabet.

Inside the envelope there is usually one or two bits of paper, with one showing your grades. This paper is just a notification slip, the certificate comes to you later on.

Each subject has a line and a grade next to it, while some have a break down of each paper.
Reply 7
Not at all!

I got 6 A*/A’s, 4B’s and 1C.

Not your typical TSR “am I good enough for Oxford” applicant (😂) but, I was more than content.

wow those grades are amazing

Quick Reply

Latest