The Student Room Group

Calculating annual household income on benefits

My mum recieves non-taxable benefits that I can't remember the name of atm (I can ask) and I'm struggling to work out her annual income because there obviously aren't any tax returns I could use as she's physically disabled and thus unemployed. This resulted in me getting the minimum amount of maintenance loan and I don't know how to fix it, I can't survive on the amount SFE has stated after accom. costs, food, etc. Major dilemma and I'm so lost on what to do - advice would be appreciated in terms of figuring out what the actual household income is, who I should ask/contact, etc. This might be a dumb question but oh well
Original post by nas28
My mum recieves non-taxable benefits that I can't remember the name of atm (I can ask) and I'm struggling to work out her annual income because there obviously aren't any tax returns I could use as she's physically disabled and thus unemployed. This resulted in me getting the minimum amount of maintenance loan and I don't know how to fix it, I can't survive on the amount SFE has stated after accom. costs, food, etc. Major dilemma and I'm so lost on what to do - advice would be appreciated in terms of figuring out what the actual household income is, who I should ask/contact, etc. This might be a dumb question but oh well

Hi,

We will be requesting the previous tax year income for your application to be assessed for the income assessed funding.

Your advised your mum receive non-taxable benefits, we only request taxable income to be declared.

Thanks, Angela.

Quick Reply

Latest