The Student Room Group

KCL LLM Tax Law

Would it be possible for me to get into KCL despite my first year modules and second modules being 2:2s?

In my university-- the first 2 years don't count. Your final year is your entire module mark. I know for a fact I can bring that to a first. I just haven't been trying.

Is there any point applying for a masters with those grades?
If I applied and didn't get an offer- end up getting a 1st class/1st-- can I contact them again in May to see if there is a place?

Thanks!
Original post by NicolaM
Would it be possible for me to get into KCL despite my first year modules and second modules being 2:2s?

In my university-- the first 2 years don't count. Your final year is your entire module mark. I know for a fact I can bring that to a first. I just haven't been trying.

Is there any point applying for a masters with those grades?
If I applied and didn't get an offer- end up getting a 1st class/1st-- can I contact them again in May to see if there is a place?

Thanks!

They will make you an offer or not based on your grades so far as that is all they will see and your ref. Your ref needs to be very clear and supportive of the fact that you will get a 1st/2.1. You can always take a gap year and apply again.
If you have a 2:2 in all your modules, you cannot possibly know that you can get a first. 10% bump is a lot.

If you cannot know, nor can they. In the end they will expect 65% overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending