The Student Room Group

Ik I’m being a **** but...

I guess it must be jealousy but I can’t help getting angry at people who get places in like oxbridge with grades like AAA etc. (In easier subjects) It annoys me because I’m doing science, so realistically I will need pretty much A*A*AA or more to get a place. I’ve got 4Asat As in hard subjects and I know I’m being a **** but it still pisses me off, thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Get over it. Why be jealous about someone who needs AAA to study History, when you yourself don’t want to study history? The STEM route is difficult, which is why the A levels are (arguably) more difficult, and the entry requirements are higher. No point being jealous of people on a different path and route to you!
Reply 2
Original post by LMsav
Get over it. Why be jealous about someone who needs AAA to study History, when you yourself don’t want to study history? The STEM route is difficult, which is why the A levels are (arguably) more difficult, and the entry requirements are higher. No point being jealous of people on a different path and route to you!

But oxbridge people in like history can easily get high paying jobs working for banks etc (cousins did that and said it’s the case), which is actually what I want to end up doing.
Original post by AFTADBO
I guess it must be jealousy but I can’t help getting angry at people who get places in like oxbridge with grades like AAA etc. (In easier subjects) It annoys me because I’m doing science, so realistically I will need pretty much A*A*AA or more to get a place. I’ve got 4Asat As in hard subjects and I know I’m being a **** but it still pisses me off, thoughts?

Jealousy uses up a lot of energy and is a very unattractive aspect of human nature. You need to focus on YOUR future and never mind about others.
Focus on yourself its a primary goal don't worry about others negative thoughts and feelings like jealousy would only hinder you, green is not a good colour on anyone..
Reply 5
Original post by Seamus123
Jealousy uses up a lot of energy and is a very unattractive aspect of human nature. You need to focus on YOUR future and never mind about others.

It but it just annoys me that you can get into oxbridge and then obviously the easy ride through a career doing easier a levels getting lower grades
I understand your frustration and stuff i can see where your coming from, I'm not smart at all just an average sixth former, so i know the frustration but trust me you just have to worry and focus on yourself, these people that get these grades get it for a reason because they worked hard for them, so maybe if you work hard to you could defo do well, plus 4 A's at AS is damn good, you should be happy with what you got.
Reply 7
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
I understand your frustration and stuff i can see where your coming from, I'm not smart at all just an average sixth former, so i know the frustration but trust me you just have to worry and focus on yourself, these people that get these grades get it for a reason because they worked hard for them, so maybe if you work hard to you could defo do well, plus 4 A's at AS is damn good, you should be happy with what you got.

Yeah you’re right, and I am, i just can’t help it bothering me, will just have to ignore it.
Original post by AFTADBO
Yeah you’re right, and I am, i just can’t help it bothering me, will just have to ignore it.

yeah I ignore it, I cant help the feelings that bubble inside, i dont like being a jealous person, so I don't say anything at all but everyone gets jealous feelings its just a matter of ignoring them, and you'll be happier with what you do. This is coming from quite a competitive person btw..

Original post by Bang Outta Order

haha? what ab risha and JT and all the other folks Drake mentions they seem to forgotten lmao...
I think you need to cook yourself a tasty lasagne to take your mind off it.
haha? what ab risha and JT and all the other folks Drake mentions they seem to forgotten lmao...

cos they ugly lol kidding idk
Original post by Bang Outta Order
cos they ugly lol kidding idk

Lol... (i acc wish my name was keke lmfaooo)
Original post by AFTADBO

Think you will find that people who take sciences consistently get higher grades than those who take your so called soft subjects.
Surely if your case had any credibility then you would take the supposed easy route in and do those easy non science subjects and your ticket to investment banking? Wouldnt it be a bit dumb to do the allegedly harder subjects and decrease your IB chances?
Original post by AFTADBO
It but it just annoys me that you can get into oxbridge and then obviously the easy ride through a career doing easier a levels getting lower grades

I doubt that anyone going to Oxbridge has had an "easy ride". Just because someone people choose to do different A Levels that you view as easy, it doesn't mean they're not working just as much as you are.
Reply 16
Original post by bones-mccoy
I doubt that anyone going to Oxbridge has had an "easy ride". Just because someone people choose to do different A Levels that you view as easy, it doesn't mean they're not working just as much as you are.

No not an easy ride but easier
Original post by AFTADBO
No not an easy ride but easier

In your opinion
Original post by AFTADBO

There are no “easier” A-level subjects. The grades are lower because essay subjects are marked more subjectively and can vary from examiner to examiner. Science/Maths - you’re either right or wrong
Original post by AFTADBO

On what basis are you saying they are easier?
Btw carry on with the anger it is impressive and life is going to give you plenty of opportunities.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest