The Student Room Group

GCSE English help

Hey, so on a mock English language paper 1 Question 5 the question is

'Describe a time when you felt trapped and mistreated' (40marks).

So I want to make it innovative as possible to match criteria of grade 8/9 but also make sure it doesn't start to lack being 'convincing' and 'compelling'. I don't want to make it boring so was wondering if it could be done from a point of view of animal (maybe a dog) to make it stand out, but is there anything else I could do to make this really imaginative, interesting and worthy of high marks?
Original post by Bluepanda1234
Hey, so on a mock English language paper 1 Question 5 the question is

'Describe a time when you felt trapped and mistreated' (40marks).

So I want to make it innovative as possible to match criteria of grade 8/9 but also make sure it doesn't start to lack being 'convincing' and 'compelling'. I don't want to make it boring so was wondering if it could be done from a point of view of animal (maybe a dog) to make it stand out, but is there anything else I could do to make this really imaginative, interesting and worthy of high marks?

I think, as you're just revising and practising at this stage, you could experiment and try a couple of ways. At the end of the day it's all practice so it'll all help.

Try a few different perspectives and get someone else to proof read them - you'll also find which ways you prefer to write and which point of view you find easiest :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by brainzistheword
I think, as you're just revising and practising at this stage, you could experiment and try a couple of ways. At the end of the day it's all practice so it'll all help.

Try a few different perspectives and get someone else to proof read them - you'll also find which ways you prefer to write and which point of view you find easiest :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest