The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Reading Lists Computer Science

Hello,
I will be studying computer science in Surrey for the first year. I read somewhere that there are reading lists however I couldn't find any. The more I researched I found out that in some universities there are compulsory books and that in the University of Surrey you need to take a programming test right from the begging (Could you please confirm that because i am scared :biggrin:). Therefore I am asking you for help. Are there such lists and if yes please tell me where I can find them and also which of the books are compulsory.

Thank you for your help in advance
Original post by TDV
Hello,
I will be studying computer science in Surrey for the first year. I read somewhere that there are reading lists however I couldn't find any. The more I researched I found out that in some universities there are compulsory books and that in the University of Surrey you need to take a programming test right from the begging (Could you please confirm that because i am scared :biggrin:). Therefore I am asking you for help. Are there such lists and if yes please tell me where I can find them and also which of the books are compulsory.

We have the same resource (ie the Internet) at our disposal as you. If the course has a certain reading list or programming test, it should be clearly indicated on the university website or in information sent to you.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Jackudy3
We have the same resource (ie the Internet) at our disposal as you. If the course has a certain reading list or programming test, it should be clearly indicated on the university website or in information sent to you.

Well there are supposed to be lists for recommended reading. However when I follow the links to the E-libraries the lists are ether not updated or missing. Therefore I thought that someone more experienced, who has undergone at least the first semester could help me or give me information what the course will be like in the begging. Do you start coding from scratch or you need to have some basis.

I am sorry if you have misunderstood my post. I just wanted to learn from you past experience whether these lists were available for you or were they missing as well?
Original post by TDV
Hello,

Hi there,

If you wanted to get some additional info on reading lists, I would suggest getting in contact with your relevant faculty.
If you follow this link; https://www.surrey.ac.uk/faculties/ and pick your relevant faculty there will be an email and phone contact number.

They should be able to update you on the reading list :-)

All the best
Harry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending