The Student Room Group

applying for maintenance in my second year

Hey i'm studying in London, and am wondering if it is possible to apply for a maintenance loan going into my second year of uni. i am a part-time student, and am working, i simply overestimated how much i would be able to balance work and uni. hence am in need of a hand :smile: i'm hoping that i did not have to apply for the loan at the beginning of my course. thank you for your time!
Original post by Allen898
Hey i'm studying in London, and am wondering if it is possible to apply for a maintenance loan going into my second year of uni. i am a part-time student, and am working, i simply overestimated how much i would be able to balance work and uni. hence am in need of a hand :smile: i'm hoping that i did not have to apply for the loan at the beginning of my course. thank you for your time!

Hi,

As you have advised that you are a continuing student on a part time course you are only eligible for a tuition fee loan.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 2
sorry for the late reply, is that still applicable if my course is of 75% intensity? 3 lectures a week.

Original post by Angela SFE
Hi,

As you have advised that you are a continuing student on a part time course you are only eligible for a tuition fee loan.

Thanks, Angela.
Original post by Allen898
sorry for the late reply, is that still applicable if my course is of 75% intensity? 3 lectures a week.

Hi there,

That doesn't matter, unfortunately. If you're a returning student in the 18/19 Academic Year, you won't be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan.

We'd recommend that you speak to the university, in particular their Finance department: they may be able to help.

Thanks,
Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending