Have your say: 9 tips for making your long-distance relationship work Watch

Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
We've just uploaded an article with nine tips for making your long-distance relationship work!

What do you think? Are you in a LDR? How do you make it work?

:train2:
Last edited by Vic Vinegar; 6 months ago
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The link takes me to thisName:  Screenshot_20180822-180124_Samsung Internet-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 34
Size:  110.1 KB
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
The link takes me to thisName:  Screenshot_20180822-180124_Samsung Internet-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 34
Size:  110.1 KB
Hey, thanks for this!

Should be sorted now
cdbjknx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Long - distance relationships require an extraordinary level of commitment which in most cases is not worth it.
Just an opinion
elsiehxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Having had an LDR at age 13/14 with a girl i'd met on Instagram (i did meet her irl a couple times), I think that LDRs are just so much commitment and require a lot of effort on each partner's part, and you are also likely to end up arguing; however, if they work for you then go ahead, but i'd say if you're doing exams at the same time, there's not much point as you'll get more stressed :/
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The biggest most important thing in long distance relationships is trust and commitment. You have to make time for one another. Be creative with how you're gonna do that. We're in an age where we have so many ways to keep in touch with someone. If you don't make the effort why should your partner? Once you start faltering on effort its doomed. Trust is self explanatory. Lose that and its almost impossible to recover from. LDR will just exacerbate that problem.

It also needs an end date. When it no longer is a long distance relationship and that it is something closer. LDR's can work but they require an incredible amount of effort!
Mdot2k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vic Vinegar)
We've just uploaded an article with nine tips for making your long-distance relationship work!

What do you think? Are you in a LDR? How do you make it work?

:train2:
I am currently in a ldr, it's been over 2 years now. I guess it's easier for those people who are older, with jobs where they could book their own flights and go see their partner. I've just turned 18 in December. I've met her once, in the past 2 years and 6 months. I'm in my last year of sixth form, hoping to go into an apprenticeship. I guess right now, it's all about waiting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads