The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neerk
I got it Shankar . I think you'll get yours too soon. If you have already got it congrats.Neeraj

That's cool. Congrats Buddy! I have not got it yet. Hopefully, I will get it soon.

Shankar
Reply 21
Hey @Shankbalkri, I applied for ATAS clearance on 21st July with estimated decision date of 22nd August, but haven't received it yet either :/ So we are in the same boat rite now. Contacted the atas team on 23rd August and no reply from them until now. It appears as if there is no order in which they consider applications. So stressed as my classes are beginning from 10th September. Fingers crossed lets see if we can get it on time.

@Neerk I just wanted to ask does it say "Foreign & Commonwealth Office" on your certificate or "UK Visas & Immigration Services"? As far as i know its the FCO which issues these certificates but when i called their office in London they say atas is not under their jurisdiction :/ Also is there any phone number given on ur certificate i can try contacting them on?

Thank you
Dishi
Reply 22
Original post by Dishi
Hey @Shankbalkri, I applied for ATAS clearance on 21st July with estimated decision date of 22nd August, but haven't received it yet either :/ So we are in the same boat rite now. Contacted the atas team on 23rd August and no reply from them until now. It appears as if there is no order in which they consider applications. So stressed as my classes are beginning from 10th September. Fingers crossed lets see if we can get it on time.

@Neerk I just wanted to ask does it say "Foreign & Commonwealth Office" on your certificate or "UK Visas & Immigration Services"? As far as i know its the FCO which issues these certificates but when i called their office in London they say atas is not under their jurisdiction :/ Also is there any phone number given on ur certificate i can try contacting them on?

Thank you
Dishi

@Dishi and @Shankbalkri why don't you guys writing a mail to FCO explaining your situation with "URGENT" attached to your mail. I did this and got my certificate next day. Also try approaching your college again they have a separate id for ATAS communication (not available for public).
@Dishi yes it is from FCO but there is no phone number on it.
Neeraj
Reply 23
Original post by Neerk
@Dishi and @Shankbalkri why don't you guys writing a mail to FCO explaining your situation with "URGENT" attached to your mail. I did this and got my certificate next day. Also try approaching your college again they have a separate id for ATAS communication (not available for public).
Neeraj

Sorry. Urgent in title
Reply 24
Original post by Neerk
Neeraj

Already did that on 28th August. I read somewhere else online about this as well and they had said they got the certificate as well, but in my case i have got no reply until today :/
@Shankbalkri you could give it a try though.

Dishi
Hi guys, I have the exact same problem, applied for clearance on 20th July with an estimated decision date of 17th August. I've sent multiple emails to the ATAS team but none of them have been responded to. Also, my University has emailed ATAS twice now in the past two weeks and even they have not received a response but I've informed my supervisor of all the problems and he's also trying to figure out why the clearance has not come through. So my guess is the ATAS team may be having a huge backlog or some problems because they are not replying to emails from university as well.
Reply 26
Original post by ashima.w
Hi guys, I have the exact same problem, applied for clearance on 20th July with an estimated decision date of 17th August. I've sent multiple emails to the ATAS team but none of them have been responded to. Also, my University has emailed ATAS twice now in the past two weeks and even they have not received a response but I've informed my supervisor of all the problems and he's also trying to figure out why the clearance has not come through. So my guess is the ATAS team may be having a huge backlog or some problems because they are not replying to emails from university as well.

Another friend of mine who applied for MRes got it in 10 working days even though he applied on 9-10 August. In my case I applied for the same on 22 July and got it on 6 September. Hope you guys get it soon.

Neeraj
Original post by Neerk
Another friend of mine who applied for MRes got it in 10 working days even though he applied on 9-10 August. In my case I applied for the same on 22 July and got it on 6 September. Hope you guys get it soon.

Neeraj

Probably it takes longer for PhD applicants as they believe that we have flexible starting dates. But my university people also mentioned that sometimes the ATAS team does not receive info in time from ‘security agencies’ on time so maybe it depends on the country also.
Original post by Dishi

Thank you
Dishi

I understand Dishi. No worries. You will get your ATAS soon. I will write to FCO tomorrow and see if they can help me.

Cheers,
Shankar
Probably it takes longer for PhD applicants as they believe that we have flexible starting dates. But my university people also mentioned that sometimes the ATAS team does not receive info in time from ‘security agencies’ on time so maybe it depends on the country also.

Even I suppose the same. Since Masters students need to be on time for their course works, I believe the ATAS tries to clear the masters applicants. I will anyway contact FCO tomorrow. Please keep me posted about the updates on ATAS.

Shankar
Reply 30
@Shankbalkri @ashima.w Any update on ur ATAS application yet? I havent received mine yet :/
how long did it took for you to get you atas application neerk
Original post by Dishi
@Shankbalkri @ashima.w Any update on ur ATAS application yet? I havent received mine yet :/

Nope. Haven’t heard back from anyone in university regarding it either.
Nope. Haven’t heard back from anyone in university regarding it either.

No. I have not heard back too :frown:. I had emailed FCO too. However they didn't reply yet.
Hi guys any updates ? I haven’t gotten a reply from anyone ☹️
Reply 35
@ashima.w nothing yet :/ Even my University has not received any reply for the email which they sent to atas team on 28th of August.
Original post by Dishi
@ashima.w nothing yet :/ Even my University has not received any reply for the email which they sent to atas team on 28th of August.

No updates yet :frown: My University said that they are in a position to contact the Gov department that issues ATAS and I have to wait until I hear back from them.
Original post by Shankbalkri
No updates yet :frown: My University said that they are in a position to contact the Gov department that issues ATAS and I have to wait until I hear back from them.

I meant *they are NOT in a position.
Reply 38
Original post by Jayanandhan
how long did it took for you to get you atas application neerk

It took 34 working days in my case
Hi guys, I got mine an hour ago ! I spoke to my supervisor and also wrote to the admissions team after which the head of the International team followed it up for me and I got it within 20 mins of her email.

Latest

Trending

Trending