Laptop or desktop for English BA?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know I'll need access to one or both of these in general, but will I need an actual laptop I can bring with me to lessons or will I be fine working off paper?

I'm debating between getting a laptop I can bring back and forth to lessons and home and use on the train (45 minute commute) or getting a desktop that I can set up at home and share with my mum and 2 brothers, who also live there.
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know I'll need access to one or both of these in general, but will I need an actual laptop I can bring with me to lessons or will I be fine working off paper?

I'm debating between getting a laptop I can bring back and forth to lessons and home and use on the train (45 minute commute) or getting a desktop that I can set up at home and share with my mum and 2 brothers, who also live there.
Definitely get a light and portable laptop. Not even debatable in my opinion. Just keep it safe, secure and light - you don't necessarily need to carry it around all the time either as you should get used to using the cloud safely - just google "Thomas Frank cloud storage" or something - meaning you get access to all your files anywhere, anytime, on any device.

In fact, for English tasks, I'd probably eat paper if I lost my essay, but that skill of resilience is essential regardless.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (7)
11.29%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.61%
Finding the time to revise (6)
9.68%
Finding the motivation (13)
20.97%
Getting distracted (10)
16.13%
Procrastination (25)
40.32%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads