The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds flat swap

Hey!! I’ve been allocated a room in iQ Leeds, but was wondering if anyone would be willing to swap for CitySide or Central Village? Let me know!
Obviously you put cityside/central village on your application but like a large proportion of people didn't get it. This is because it is top of peoples lists so it is extremely unlikely that anyone will want to leave but good luck with your search.

What is wrong with IQ anyway? Other than it being quite far from the city centre (25 mins walk (there are busses at sub-10 minute intervals) it is only 15-20 mins walk from campus and quite well fitted and cheaper.

I chose cityside but also was allocated IQ. What flat are you?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by stafftom
Hey!! I’ve been allocated a room in iQ Leeds, but was wondering if anyone would be willing to swap for CitySide or Central Village? Let me know!

If you want a more sociable/fun/party accommodation area, i'm in James Bailie Park and looking to swap for somewhere quieter.
I don't know how sociable/loud IQ is tho (And thats what I'm after)
Original post by oktea
If you want a more sociable/fun/party accommodation area, i'm in James Bailie Park and looking to swap for somewhere quieter.

The thread starter created an account to post then hasn't been online since so I doubt you will hear anything from them.

You never know with a particular hall how loud it will be. It depends on the people in it.

Overall iQ from what I have read seems pretty quiet. I'm not sure if there may be spaces as it is absolutely always forgotten about in everything. It might be worth asking UoL accomodation if there is any space left there or anywhere else.

Best thing would probably be to just wait and see what James Bailie is like. At the end of the day you should do what you want. Don't feel pressured to drink, party, etc. And remember that headphones solve most noise problems!
Reply 4
Original post by kammak743
The thread starter created an account to post then hasn't been online since so I doubt you will hear anything from them.

You never know with a particular hall how loud it will be. It depends on the people in it.

Overall iQ from what I have read seems pretty quiet. I'm not sure if there may be spaces as it is absolutely always forgotten about in everything. It might be worth asking UoL accomodation if there is any space left there or anywhere else.

Best thing would probably be to just wait and see what James Bailie is like. At the end of the day you should do what you want. Don't feel pressured to drink, party, etc. And remember that headphones solve most noise problems!

I'll be in james bailie for the first two weeks at least. So, I'm giving it a try.
Original post by oktea

If you want, I've just been allocated a flat in Oxley, which I know is pretty quiet.
Reply 6
Original post by LizardKing
If you want, I've just been allocated a flat in Oxley, which I know is pretty quiet.

I'll keep it in mind.

although rooms can't change until the 8th october at the very earliest.
If anyone is interested in a room swap for en suite in James Bailey Park please contact me- must be female. Thank you
Looooooool guys I was in IQ last year, we were known for always having parties, certain blocks are quiet but there’s always a party on.

Quick Reply

Latest