Which science do you find the hardest?

Watch
queenofmediocre
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just finished a level bio and physics. Personally I think chemistry is the hardest science ever and just cannot get my head around it, even basic GCSE chem I was poor at.
Which do you find hardest and why?
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by queenofmediocre)
Just finished a level bio and physics. Personally I think chemistry is the hardest science ever and just cannot get my head around it, even basic GCSE chem I was poor at.
Which do you find hardest and why?
I find biology the hardest, probably because it doesn't involve any maths (unlike the other two) and is more about memorising the facts. How did you find biology at a level and did u find it harder/easier compared with physics?
mcdonh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i do IB HL chemistry and physics, and chem is by far worse, probably for how much memory is required but also just the part where so much of it is model-based and they actively admit its probably made up (VSEPR anyone?)

i feel like the fact that i don't pay as much attention to it has to contribute to how difficult i find it, though.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Physics at the moment because I don't really get it (even though I should be alright at it because alot of it is maths and maths is one of my best subjects lmao)
kawaii sashimi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bluepanda1234)
I find biology the hardest, probably because it doesn't involve any maths (unlike the other two) and is more about memorising the facts. How did you find biology at a level and did u find it harder/easier compared with physics?
I find chemistry the hardest for the opposite reason! and I agree, the sheer content of biology and the memorisation makes it really hard to deal with sometimes. I only did physics to GCSE level and at the time, I thought it was the hardest, but it actually turned out be really nice and not as bad as biology or chem?
catlol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do a-level bio and chem and chemistry is harder by a HUGE margin. I struggle with the maths and a lot of the concepts in it, especially organics. Biology is more a test of memory compared to the understanding and application needed for chemistry.
Memeintern
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did all three sciences at school, I find physics the hardest. The maths part is easy but learning the different types of forces was really difficult for me. I love chemistry, the best science imo😂
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Found all of them equally hard at GCSE.

I took chem and bio at A Level and found biology easier because as long as you've memorised the content ( and practiced exam technique) you can only get as low as a B. I got an A* despite cramming most of the content the month before.

Chemistry isn't too difficult either The questions are more mathematical and revisable compared to Biology. The same types of questions appear in the chemistry papers year-to-year.
Dat1Guy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Physics, for a lot of it, links nicely with maths and so that helps a lot- mainly for the mechanics. A lot of physics is about understanding and manipulating equations, so if you understand the maths behind it, it makes it much easier.

Chemistry, the maths is pretty basic. There aren't really any complicated ideas once you've understood the background, as it makes sense what you're told (if you don't understand the background then it is harder) what is hard about chem is the sheer amount of content you need to learn, and then linking them all together for a question. I did OCR b salters which is very heavily context based, so there aren't as many model answers as such..

but it's probably more of a matter with how your brain works and you understand things..

I got an A* in chemistry and Physics
Alexty28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Astrology
СУКА БЛЯТЬ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just finished a levels in maths, physics and bio. Bio was by far(for me), the hardest subject. Definitely a lot more content than the other 2 combined even though the exam questions were all bs critical thinking ones.
queenofmediocre
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I passed bio and failed phyiscs (I'm doing a third year as my time in hospital nearly ruined me hence failing) so biology is my favourite out the three of them, I found it easy to learn and understand concepts then manipulate information to get the answers you need but with physics it felt like no matter what I did, how much working or different ways of getting to the same answer I still got the wrong answers. Even the chem modules in biology I find hard which is why chem is the worst for me.
username4217472
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say Chemistry was the hardest for me.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
chemistry, close 2nd physics
JaydorIV
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
physics, I find it difficult to understand the concepts, but it's my favourite science as well.

I hate bio and chem because I find it too boring to learn
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Women.
JustAWxnderer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I find bio hardest because phys and chem have more maths in them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.27%
I'm not sure (59)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (626)
48.83%

Watched Threads