The Student Room Group

Student finance maintanance loan droped by over £1000

Hello I'm due to start my agree in September and had applied for student finance to study at university of bristol and my maintenance loan was set at £9163 however a changed my course to university of Essex and my maintenance has dropped to £8047 which is over £1000 this is the case as its a pretty drastic difference for a course of the exact same length with very similar accommodation cost and from my research living cost im just wondering if anyone else has experienced such a large drop.
Original post by Bph99
Hello I'm due to start my agree in September and had applied for student finance to study at university of bristol and my maintenance loan was set at £9163 however a changed my course to university of Essex and my maintenance has dropped to £8047 which is over £1000 this is the case as its a pretty drastic difference for a course of the exact same length with very similar accommodation cost and from my research living cost im just wondering if anyone else has experienced such a large drop.

Hi,

A number of reasons can cause a change in your awarded funding when changing university or course.
We can check the reason for the decrease if you can contact us by Facebook or Twitter where we can then locate and access your account once we have gone through security.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Angela.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending