Is any gcse content retaught at a level?

Watch
samazimi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In particular for maths physics chemistry and computer science
If I want to achieve A/A*s, do I have to perfect my gcse knowledge or is it retaught?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bryan drozario)
In particular for maths physics chemistry and computer science
If I want to achieve A/A*s, do I have to perfect my gcse knowledge or is it retaught?
In my school we revise some of the GCSE because we find some external students have not covered the whole GCSE specification.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes in chemistry ,but not sure about your other options. E. G. Chemical tests like testing for group 7 elements, titrations, la chattelier's principle and some other topics.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just to add;for maths they teach surds, indicies, some of the graphs related topics completeing the square and some other things. But they didn't really teach it again but just made us do questions on those topics and then the teacher went over the answers.
samazimi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
Just to add;for maths they teach surds, indicies, some of the graphs related topics completeing the square and some other things. But they didn't really teach it again but just made us do questions on those topics and then the teacher went over the answers.
Thanks sis
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The first few chapters of Edexcel maths are similar to GCSE and could be done by a GCSE student (which you technically would be, having just started). They require no additional knowledge. Physics also may go over things you already have used. So it helps to have done well at GCSE.
ibte10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As others have mentioned, Some of maths is quickly retaught such as surds and other alegebra.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (55)
60.44%
No (36)
39.56%

Watched Threads