carlahazel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

I got my accommodation confirmation through a couple days ago, I was just wondering whether anyone else was in Farthings Court?

Would be great to get to know my neighbours, or equally if anyone has lived there before, what to expect.
SamArcadipane
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ahhh Hi, I am also in Farthings Court I am House 1/B

You?
username3620454
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it a 5 or 6 bedroom house you are staying in? 6 bedroom houses are generally more spacious with an additional refrigerator and an additional bathroom if I remember correctly. Houses are very social and there'll be many house parties throughout the year across parkwood! There are also a couple of study hubs in parkwood, so you can study there if you don't want to trek it all the way to the library on campus. Parkwood is within the campus, but it's like a student village which is around 10 mins walk from the central part of the campus, where your lectures will be held. Anymore questions feel free to ask me
carlahazel
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamArcadipane)
Ahhh Hi, I am also in Farthings Court I am House 1/B

You?
Hi! I'm in house 7 also room B-- no idea if this is 5 or 6 bedroom though, I made my accommodation application a good while ago as I was/am on a gap year.

Are you looking forward to it? Have you met or do you know any more of your housemates? What are you studying?
carlahazel
Rep:
?
(Original post by midani_s)
Is it a 5 or 6 bedroom house you are staying in? 6 bedroom houses are generally more spacious with an additional refrigerator and an additional bathroom if I remember correctly. Houses are very social and there'll be many house parties throughout the year across parkwood! There are also a couple of study hubs in parkwood, so you can study there if you don't want to trek it all the way to the library on campus. Parkwood is within the campus, but it's like a student village which is around 10 mins walk from the central part of the campus, where your lectures will be held. Anymore questions feel free to ask me
That's great! Thank you for your help-- I can't remember if I applied for 5 or 6 bedroom house and I can't seem to find it on my confirmation letter! But, I'm happy I got my first choice anyhow This is all really useful information, thank you
SamArcadipane
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by carlahazel)
Hi! I'm in house 7 also room B-- no idea if this is 5 or 6 bedroom though, I made my accommodation application a good while ago as I was/am on a gap year.

Are you looking forward to it? Have you met or do you know any more of your housemates? What are you studying?
I am definitely looking forward to it - I haven’t met any of my other housemates. Have you?
I am studying politics and international relations. What are you studying?
carlahazel
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamArcadipane)
I am definitely looking forward to it - I haven’t met any of my other housemates. Have you?
I am studying politics and international relations. What are you studying?
No, I haven't met any of mine yet, either. I would love to though, although it's commonplace for people to be busy for obvious reasons so it may end up with me not seeing them all too often, anyway. My biggest concern is cleanliness D:
Sounds like you're going to have a great and interesting course! I'm going to be studying biology, my science love-child
Carlapedro123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys , I'm in purchas court ?
Anyone ?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Carlapedro123)
Hi guys , I'm in purchas court ?
Anyone ?
meeeee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.26%
Excited but a bit nervous (125)
45.62%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.77%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.34%

Watched Threads